PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1409
  1. #11
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Смерть's Avatar
    Server

    Tarnished Coast
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Posts

    7,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    And yeah, it's not fair to fault Obama if he really had no say in this.
    I disagree on this one. He could have shown a good front in not signing it at all, even if Congress would have passed it anyway, but he signed it; says more about his character imo.

    And, were not "signing statements" something Obama used during his presidential campaigning to bash Bush with?

  2. #12
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    11,564
    I thought he pledged to make better use of them than Bush? I definitely don't agree with him signing it, but I think he would have gotten flack either way, to be honest.

    Here's a fun little article on Santorum. These people are so blind. Anyone who says things like this should lose their healthcare.
    http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...11/12/06/31304

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Carlin says dirty words
    You should make that guy president!

    (Yes, I know he's dead. That just means he can't do a worse job than the other candidates)

  4. #14
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    29,751
    Pfft, Santorum doesn't care for his healthcare, he can pay it from the money he gets from the big corporations.

    I do hate it when supposedly Christian people do stuff that clearly stands against Christian values. Believing in God should be followed by actually trying to be virtuous.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I thought he pledged to make better use of them than Bush? I definitely don't agree with him signing it, but I think he would have gotten flack either way, to be honest.

    Here's a fun little article on Santorum. These people are so blind. Anyone who says things like this should lose their healthcare.
    http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...11/12/06/31304
    I disagree with what he said but I understand his stance. People die everyday for many reasons and dying is a natural thing. Treating illnesses can be the same as preventing death. Sometimes its not feasible to preserve someone's life anymore, that is why DNAR forms exist. If I were him, I would argue from a point that over 99% people of working age(up to 65) should be able to afford healthcare. The last 1% are more likely above 65, non-working or dependents who would very likely die of another illness to begin with, that being said, their insurance will be much more expensive than working people of a younger age.

    The delusion that a free healthcare system is great is only prevalent in a country without a free healthcare system. The grass is always greener on the other side. Private healthcare allows many healthcare options for 99% of people at different competitive prices. Public healthcare on the otherhand requires money and would lead to another increase in taxes. UK taxes are insanely high. The good doctors are stuck in public healthcare because that is the only way they can progress in their career. However, for the rich, there is no discrimination and nobody pays, however, the rich man who is willing to pay 10x to jump the queue will now only pay a few hundred pounds because the new private healthcare is so much cheaper(its competing with free healthcare for business after all). Free healthcare is also prone to abuse which raises the costs of healthcare to unsustainable levels, like the NHS. It also raises demand to unexpected levels and look, the queues are now inadvertently longer and even the rich who are willing to pay are denied treatment due to lack of availability.

    Many rich people are paying 40% tax(which is a ridiculous amount of money) for no increase in benefit in their healthcare and also lack of the most advanced forms of treatment in the country. They squabble that they should not be paying for others who do not pay as much and yet get the same treatment. When they themselves are short of treatment options, how many of them will scorn the free healthcare system?

    In the end, it comes down to a supply and demand problem and the only reason why healthcare is so expensive in a private setting is because there is lack of supply. Once you give that supply to the masses, it comes back to square one, people WILL STILL BE denied healthcare and now you are denying working people who will actually fund the healthcare their own treatment. Its ridiculous. Don't commit the same mistake. Look at the supply and demand first. In a field with low supply and high demand, you want to jack up demand? Are you crazy!?

  6. #16
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Giggles's Avatar
    Server

    2nd star to the right
    Guild

    wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    Posts

    4,369
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    You should make that guy president!
    I wish I could but, I'm not American. I miss the guy though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kael Valeran View Post
    The delusion that a free healthcare system is great is only prevalent in a country without a free healthcare system.
    I vehemently appose this statement. The US system has failed so utterly to so many people I don't know where to start. The US spends a lot more per capita then any other country in the world on healthcare and has done so for years.

  7. #17
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    29,751
    Kael, Santorum got caught saying something patently false about deaths due to lack of healthcare.

    Spin all you want, but the fact is that this is bad news for a candidate. It's unclear whether he believed what he said (misinformed), is deliberately is lying about them (for personal gain probably), or just spoken before getting the facts (egomaniac). Either way, it sounds bad.

    If he had said that it's unclear whether saving those lives justify the burden to society, then that would be the argument you'd advancing. But the fact is that he actually denied there being lives lost due to lack of public healthcare...

    -----

    edit: what Giggles said. It seems that the only ones benefitting from the US healthcare are the rich and those on the supply side.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  8. #18
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    11,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I vehemently appose this statement. The US system has failed so utterly to so many people I don't know where to start. The US spends a lot more per capita then any other country in the world on healthcare and has done so for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    edit: what Giggles said. It seems that the only ones benefitting from the US healthcare are the rich and those on the supply side.
    Yup and yup.

    Most of us don't actually mind paying for healthcare. What we mind is that the monthly fees can be EXTREMELY expensive (at my last job, it cost me over $300 a month) and insurance companies can decide to drop you / not cover you if you need to use the service they are supposed to provide. Healthcare in this country is a scam, but it's a scam you can't really afford not to fall in to.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Kael, Santorum got caught saying something patently false about deaths due to lack of healthcare.

    Spin all you want, but the fact is that this is bad news for a candidate. It's unclear whether he believed what he said (misinformed), is deliberately is lying about them (for personal gain probably), or just spoken before getting the facts (egomaniac). Either way, it sounds bad.

    If he had said that it's unclear whether saving those lives justify the burden to society, then that would be the argument you'd advancing. But the fact is that he actually denied there being lives lost due to lack of public healthcare...

    -----

    edit: what Giggles said. It seems that the only ones benefitting from the US healthcare are the rich and those on the supply side.
    Yes, and I do not agree with him, but his stance. Either way, no one should or will(if they have any sense) vote for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I vehemently appose this statement. The US system has failed so utterly to so many people I don't know where to start. The US spends a lot more per capita then any other country in the world on healthcare and has done so for years.
    Money is not the same as supply. Say I have 100 potatoes to feed 1000 people, I can cut the potatoes into chips and fry them or just tell people to boil them, which is significantly cheaper. However, it does not change the fact that there are not enough potatoes to feed everyone. Just because you spend more does not mean you have enough to supply your population, in other words, you face the difficulty of determining to what extent should people be allowed to die and refused treatment. Money is a relatively good tool in this case, because it allows sustainability of the healthcare system. No matter how many potatoes you have, it will do little good to eat them raw.

  10. #20
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    29,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael Valeran View Post
    Yes, and I do not agree with him, but his stance. Either way, no one should or will(if they have any sense) vote for him.
    Ok, this is something I can agree on.

    The stance against public healthcare is valid when it comes to not wanting to support the poor. Some people are more "survival of the fittest" than others. I oppose it personally, and I consider it very anti-christian, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kael Valeran View Post
    However, it does not change the fact that there are not enough potatoes to feed everyone.
    Not enough doctors to treat the patients? Good point.

    However, if less money is spent on medication (because they're vastly over-paying those atm) and scam insurance (who can then choose not to pay for healthcare), perhaps that money can be sent to helping doctors be more efficient, or for educating more of them, or something.

    Even adding more nurses into the system would do a lot of good as far as the poor are concerned.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •