GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think the way you present voters is quite realistic. Most voters (except maybe Fox-only viewers) would be aligned with one party. What is true of democrats is also likely true of republicans and tea partiers and such. Until we split votes by issue, we'll keep having to vote against some of out beliefs in order to support other beliefs.

What bugs me though is that I can't easily reconcile bad media coverage or voter's inability to vote on issues... with the republican candidate selection this year especially with how well some were supported by voters despite being idiots and bigots and all that. I mean, some really had not much redeeming qualities. Even if the voters wanted to support the party (which is fair), still I don't get why they voted as they did.

I do understand that many voters think the current candidate lineup is pretty bad, and that their views are not represented by the votes. BUT. You can't redeem the party even then because hey, some of the worse candidates actually got far in the campaign, and they could not do that unless there were a lot of voters supporting them.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    @ MV stuff

What I find so impossible depressing is how many political parties, pretty much around the world are all fighting against each other over ideological values or under the pretense that there is a difference between them that they don't actually be trying to make things better. You know, like collaborating with other parties or public groups to build systems, programs or infrastructure to build the country for the future, for the better, instead of venomously fighting each other, tooth and nail over who are what for breakfast.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    @ MV stuff

What I find so impossible depressing is how many political parties, pretty much around the world are all fighting against each other over ideological values or under the pretense that there is a difference between them that they don't actually be trying to make things better. You know, like collaborating with other parties or public groups to build systems, programs or infrastructure to build the country for the future, for the better, instead of venomously fighting each other, tooth and nail over who are what for breakfast.
    Quoted for truth.

Need some grown-ups in da' house!

e.g.,
    The US government isn't solving any of their financial troubles because they cannot agree...surprise surprise that my state's government is doing the exact same thing--I am loosing count over how many failed agreements I read from the paper.
    Last edited by Смерть; 21-04-2012 at 04:49.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah Giggles. But what is infuriating is that they don't even disagree on possible solutions, they disagree for the sake of hurting each other.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    In my neck of the woods, the different parties would ague (and argue well and I'm not talking about name calling arguing. I'm talking well thought-out debates) till they were blue in the face. But at the end of the day, they shook hands and respected each other. Now, the party we have in charge is pretty much doing whatever it can to destroy the other parties because it doesn't like them. I see the same thing in the US. Both of them, mainly the Republicans though, seem hell bent on doing whatever it takes to bring down the other side. How can you possibly expect to do anything constructive with anyone if that's all you spend your energy on? The world is full of people with different opinions and you have to learn to play nice with people you don't agree with. If the supposed leaders of the country can't do that, how are they going to be able to steer it in any kind of meaningful way?

Then I read things like this that make me so sad for humanity.

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/20...hc4005.doc.htm

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I totally agree. When I see politicians bickering like children, throwing mud at each other, interrupting each other, and vowing to do whatever it takes to sabotage each other, I think they should just be booted out immediately. If you can't act like an adult, I don't want you representing me or my country.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...c912f510332a8e

Newt looses tail--GOP squabble perhaps stopping in the immediate future?

The next big thing for presumptive Republican contender Romney will be finding the right VP.

This needs to be posted.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Every time I see that guy, I just think of his character on Oz and it creeps me out.

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    That is exactly the point I'm trying to make. Really in a nutshell, most people want the best that both Democrats and Republicans have to offer. Very few people are actually aligned with all the beliefs of one party and none of the other. The media in all its glory, however, would have you believe otherwise
    It's not only the media, though. Discussions like this topic usually tend to bring the most vocal and most extreme supporters of either side; other than newspapers, most of my information about American politics comes from forum discussions like this, and the impression I was left with is that in the USA most people either align completely with one point of view or completely with the opposite one. It's nice to see I was wrong.

Here we have a completely different party system, so most parties are not linked to ideologies (and most don't even have ideologies). Our society as a whole isn't much conservative, though, so many of the Republican tendencies actually feel like what an extreme right here would say (if we had things such as left or right in the first place).