PC Gaming News
Page 63 of 141 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I don't actually equate the two parties. I consider the Democratic as being less evil than the Republican.

Democracy however has to be improved to the point where people stop voting between evil and less evil.
    There's dozens of other candidates that don't get taken seriously because the Big Two parties basically have everything locked down. And I bet they would be taken seriously if they were ever allowed to debate. But no, the only time a third party candidate is allowed in is with candidates like Perot or Nader, who come across as utter nutjobs and make the Democrats and Republicans look good by comparison.

I vote third party anyway, even though the parties in power have the elections rigged so no one else has a chance, because I'd rather back someone who'll lose rather than keep those arrogant, greedy, incompetent *******s in charge.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    There's dozens of other candidates that don't get taken seriously because the Big Two parties basically have everything locked down.
    We had a very good candidate in my opinion this election. Clear positive ideas to fix the problems. Clear aims. And a solution that was self-contained, no surprises or changes of mind. Had this been the candidate of one of two major parties, it would have been an easy win.

For a number of reasons including fear, strategic vote and non-proportional vote, that candidate only got 2 seats out of 125.

By comparison, the party that won (PQ) mostly did because the party in power (PLQ) did such a terrible job many wanted to kick them out. Votes went to PQ mainly because it was the most sure way to kick out the PLQ... but the PQ's campaign has been pretty weak. The PLQ also got a lot of seats by inspiring fear of separation, which is not even a credible threat imo.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I just listened to Michelle Obama's speech. It is as good as people are saying, in my opinion. Some digs at the selfish rich in there (she said something about Barack not believing in slamming the door to opportunity behind himself, but to keep it open to help others).

Listening to Bill Clinton's speech now. Also good. One thing I liked that he said, was that he doesn't understand the hate some of Republicans hold toward Obama and that some of their party seems to believe cooperation between parties isn't possible and that Democrats are just the enemy. He stresses the importance of cooperation between parties, if there's going to be success for the country.

Worth a listen if you have the time. Clinton's speech does openly criticize the GOP a bit, but (so far - not all the way through it, yet) it isn't in a mud-slinging way. It's more in a "This is what they said, this is what is actually true" kind of way.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I like truth-based politics. Not enough of that imo.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Still listening. On the topic of healthcare, he brings up refunds that insurance companies are required to issue if they do not spend at least 85% of our premiums on our actual healthcare (a provision of Obamacare). True: I got a letter about a refund I'll be receiving because my insurance company fell short of that 85%.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    This really made me laugh.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    That would be funny, if it weren't so true.

But wait, there are black people in the republican party, for example, Herman Cain! Oh wait, he's crazy...

edit: I played "spot the black guy" in the republican crowd, I did spot 4 during the Ryan speech. Or maybe I spotted 1 four times.
    Last edited by Alaris; 10-09-2012 at 15:58.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Joe Biden on the campaign trail.

The looks from her friends are priceless.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    lmao WHAT is the story behind that picture??

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Biden... that guy has a skill at making a fool out of himself. Why is he VP again?
    == Alaris & clone ==