PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Win a Charr Plush

So, I got a box from FEDEX yesterday and guess what I found inside the box!
    Three guesses and the first two donít count!

The good part: I finally got to see a Plushie in person!
    The bad part: I have to give the Plushies away!
    The best part: I get to torture the folks who visit GWO with a contest to win the prizes.

About the contest:
    All entries will be Guild Wars 2 related! And I do mean Guild Wars 2 related, not Guild Wars 1.
    The entries can be any format: Art, Literature, Music, Video, combination of all of these, whatever you likeÖ.

The catchÖÖThe winners will be decided by me! Yes, just me! I have to like your entry enough to want to give you one of the plushies currently sitting in my living room and I'd really like to keep them! So you guys need to work hard!
    As a result, all of the Moderators here at GWO are also eligible to enter. (Usually, the Mods canít enter because they are running the contest, since Iím running this one, they can enter!)

The contest starts Ö..NOW! The contest ends on January 29th. You all have just over 2 weeks to enter.

Entries can be made by posting in this thread. Entries can be edited up until the last day, at that point I will go over the list and chose the two I like the best.

---------

This contest was closed at approximately 4:15 PM EST on January 29
    Last edited by Lensor; 19-01-2012 at 13:15. Reason: Added the new and nifty contest prefix. :)

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Too bad I have exams. Good luck fellas!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Reserving my spot for later

Sent from my Alcatel OT-980 using Tapatalk

I, the Necromancer

I rised from my sweet nightmares and got up, full of dark energy, ready for a new night. I went to the bath and threw some water on my face, to wash away the sleepiness. I looked in the mirror and saw the Abyss in my black eyes. My long brunette hair seemed less in the reflection, as a sign of my real age, and the color of silver was now populating my beard.

I felt incredibly hungry, as if no blood was running in my veins and my soul was fading away. I wore my black, medieval mantle and grabbed my huge scythe. I left my tower and went down towards the dungeons of Divinity’s Reach.

There, I unlocked the iron gate, that was standing in front of me, and approached an almost dead man.

The sound of my steps woke him up.

“Go away monster!” he yelled deeply frightened.

I laughed at him, in an evil way, and told: “Go to hell, you are not supposed to call me a monster…!”

Ι stared deep into his, touching his inner world. Anyone, could easily sense the fear that my presence had provoken to this scurvy soul. My mouth was wide open, ready to sink my fangs into his neck, like vampires do. I started to suck his blood, while he was screaming in pain.

“Too biter…! It tastes like **** dude…!”

I swallowed every bit of his blood and dragged his soul out of his almost dead corpse.

I summoned a minion rat and we went hunting in the twilight. We passed through a beautiful forest in Kryta. The cold wind was blowing away the leaves of the huge, ancient oak trees, that were around us. The full-moon was shining silver on the water of the emerald lakes.

After a while we came across a small colony of harpies village, hidden by the foliages of the maple trees and surrounded by falls.

I went close to the gate and ordered the minion rat to attack the flying guards.

Within a few minutes both of them were ravaged.

“Well done meat…!” I chucked his head, while praising him.

We stepped into the fortress and were immediately surrounded by an army of flying ***-fairies.

"****… I was so sure that I didn't alert them!" I though, "Anyway, I can’t do anything more about it right now…"

I pulled my scythe out and cut about ten heads with it. They kept coming. I felt outnumbered, but did not give up. I stepped forward, gave them a big smile, and transformed myself into a Lich-demon.

“I will show you now, mother ****ers…!”

I threw some curses on them and ordered a horde of minion skeletons to slaughter them. When they were almost dead, I sucked their blood and took their souls. I ate like an Ettin and felt an overdose of energy, as if I had drunk ten red bulls at once.

Then I thought of sitting down and pray, like the saint I were.

I sacrificed a minion mole and draw a big circle with his blood.

I sat in that circle and began chanting the usual ceremony.

I called for two of my fellow Necromancers, in order to share their own experiences.

“You can’t even imagine what happened today…!” said Samuel.

“Brief me…” I said.

Necromancer Samuel walked thoughtless through the meadows of Ascalon, when suddenly a cannibal charr warrior came out of nowhere and tried to provoke him. He was spinning around like a ballerina while beating him with his axes.

“I will show you now, you adrenaline junkie...!”

Samuel was furious and entered the Death Shroud.

He dived into the Underworld and back again, fueled by demonic energy, and monstrously devoured the Warrior, who seemed to be undying.

He then pushed himself to remain in this in-between state, as long as he could bare. Suddenly two huge demon-wings grew from his back. He spread them wide open and flapped them in front of the Warrior’s face, who fell down and died like a helpless dog.

“Where are the wings? I can't see anything!” I asked him full of curiosity.

“I have to be behind the Shroud, in order for them to appear!”

“So, what are you waiting for?”

“Leave me alone, I had a very difficult night…!”

“You are breaking my nerves…!”

“What are your news?” I turned to Nathanael

“You won’t believe it ...”

Nathanael, the Necromancer, was swimming peacefully near the south-east coast of The Grove, when he suddenly felt a hand, grabbing his feet and dragging him down to the bottom.

Before he could actually react he found himself in the deeps of the sea floor. He looked behind him and saw a psychopathic sylvari Elementalist who was attacking him in the form of a tornado.

In order to encounter the upcoming danger, Nathanael transformed into a pathogenic cloud and suffocated the Elementalist with plague. The enemy turned green due to the pollution and rised a deadly fever.

“You gave the bastard what he deserved!... Anyway, I think it is time to stop joking, dawn's coming...”

“Okay, see you later…”

“Bye bye”

“We’ll contact again tomorrow…”

Both Necromancers disappeared.

The sun made it's appearance behind the mountains, as i was taking my way back home. After a while, I reached Divinity’s Reach and finally entered my tower.

I threw my scythe away and dropped the mantle on the floor. Relaxed, I lied down on my couch. Then, I put the Twilight movie, the one with the sparkling vampire, on the DVD-player, and enjoyed every bit of it while eating my favorite pop corn.

- Achilles
    Last edited by Achilles of Dragons; 28-01-2012 at 00:42.

GWOnline.net Member
    Alrighty, since I had this made up since summer might as well give it a shot with them. What I have here are 3 videos of my depiction of Divinity's Reach, using the Warcraft 3 World Editor.
    There are 3 videos, the first of which is the cinematic created using the WC3 trigger editor. In its description, I'm going to post the following quote: "Used for Charr Plushie contest", so that you know I am the creator of the map and the videos. So here goes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT2CY9XtjsM

These next two are a collection of pictures:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9fNNgiQlY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjP-t1ksTB8

So that's that! Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Gauradan; 15-01-2012 at 17:59.

GWOnline.net Member
    Reserving a spot for later. Will be updating if I can find the time to make something.

Since I have no talent art-wise I will try something musical :) Stay tuned.

I can testify these plushies are very cute!! (I have my own or I would be entering this contest too).

good luck to all!!

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Good thing I already have one, because I couldn't participate anyway because I'm not a creative person at all in any possible way.

yo when the plushies start flyin and the fans start going i get real pumped like a soccer player after a throw in i dont know if ill survive all these countless nights just waiting on guildwars 2 i think that i have the right TO GO INTO OPEN BETA SCREAM AND SHOUT ALL DAY SAY IM THE BEST IN THE GAME NO NEED TO EXPLAIN so i bring you this song dedicated to the designers making us a beautiful game lets just hope no winers cause if the contents to hard and you feel like givin in just step back and stand up and never call on your sins its you own story bro no need to explain u can adventure p v p or even goddamn sing so if you wanna be like me just get into the game dont stop to think and dont ever stop to complain yo rap dedicated to guildwars 2 made it up on the spot i like life stuffed animals and i made sure not to swear :)

Saving spot for later!! Gonna do the BEST that I can!! I was originially going to get a plushie for my bday but then they sold out! I was heart broken!! BUT NOW IS MY CHANCE!!!!!
    <3 thanks so much for this contest!!!! REALLY appreciate it!!