PC Gaming News
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 368
  1. #221
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    Publicity.

    Big record labels can push even bad music on consumers by flooding the airwaves and putting the CDs and posters everywhere.

    Exposure, exposure, exposure.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  2. #222
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    10,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    If you want corporations to die, then vote with your wallet, and buy stuff directly from artists or use services that are actually fair to artists and customers alike.
    I already do this /flex

  3. #223
    GWOnline.Net Member Kael Valeran's Avatar
    Posts

    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Publicity.

    Big record labels can push even bad music on consumers by flooding the airwaves and putting the CDs and posters everywhere.

    Exposure, exposure, exposure.
    Exactly, but artists get only a tiny fraction of the music. Whats stopping artists from moving elsewhere where they get a bigger portion, say 90% of sales??

  4. #224
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    10,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael Valeran View Post
    Exactly, but artists get only a tiny fraction of the music. Whats stopping artists from moving elsewhere where they get a bigger portion, say 90% of sales??
    Consumers.

  5. #225
    GWOnline.Net Member Kael Valeran's Avatar
    Posts

    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Consumers.
    Ok, let me get it straight, consumers brought this on themselves because they are into mainstream music and do not seek alternate markets?

    Does this mean that artists also cannot find alternative markets and then promote sales of their own album on their own website.

    For example NewMusicFeeds.com

    What's stopping already established artists from selling their music via other online stores. I'm sure if Justin Bieber decided to support the no-middle man policy, loads of people will follow him isn't it. (except such a scenario will not be possible)

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by djacob View Post
    You know Alaris, after reading three of your most recent posts on here and the other piracy thread, I have to say that I think this forum really really needs...

    Spoiler
    I just want to promise

    if this ever happens

    I will stop posting.

    So I guess start the campaign in full if you want?

  7. #227
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    10,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael Valeran View Post
    Ok, let me get it straight, consumers brought this on themselves because they are into mainstream music and do not seek alternate markets?
    Yup, plus they continue to buy what they're told to.

    What's stopping already established artists from selling their music via other online stores. I'm sure if Justin Bieber decided to support the no-middle man policy, loads of people will follow him isn't it. (except such a scenario will not be possible)
    Plenty of musicians do. Think of how many horror stories you have heard of artists who could not wait to break their deal with their label. Justin Bieber has no incentive to support the no-middle man policy because he would not be nearly as successful if he did that. He, like most pop musicians, is just a creation of some group of executives who came up with a plan to sell crap to little girls. My little cousin has a doll of him that sings "Lovefool" and she got really mad and did not believe me when I told her that was not his song.

    Frankly, I have a hard time accepting any of this crap as real music.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    @Praetorian: fighting evil with evil does not make the world a better place. If you want corporations to die, then vote with your wallet, and buy stuff directly from artists or use services that are actually fair to artists and customers alike.

    Piracy encourages DRM and SOPA. It does nothing to discourage corporate evil.
    I'm not sure how downloading music is evil, especially since it's legal where I live, but is downloading a song really any different than recording a song on cassette tape?

  9. #229
    GWOnline.Net Member Kael Valeran's Avatar
    Posts

    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Plenty of musicians do. Think of how many horror stories you have heard of artists who could not wait to break their deal with their label. Justin Bieber has no incentive to support the no-middle man policy because he would not be nearly as successful if he did that. He, like most pop musicians, is just a creation of some group of executives who came up with a plan to sell crap to little girls. My little cousin has a doll of him that sings "Lovefool" and she got really mad and did not believe me when I told her that was not his song.

    Frankly, I have a hard time accepting any of this crap as real music.
    Its a shame its not mainstream yet then. How long do label deals last anyway? I think most girls will actually support Justin Bieber if one day he publicly announces that he's moving shop. Of course, most labels won't allow him to do that so he has to be intelligent to keep it silent until a public show big enough occurs, etc.

  10. #230
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Giggles's Avatar
    Server

    2nd star to the right
    Guild

    wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    Posts

    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by The Praetorian View Post
    I'm not sure how downloading music is evil, especially since it's legal where I live, but is downloading a song really any different than recording a song on cassette tape?
    Then there's this way of looking at it.

    "I look at the Internet as the new radio, Young explained. I look at radio as gone Piracy is the new radio, thats how music gets around."


    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...times-better/#

    Mainstream radio is pretty awful now. At least it is around here and has been for years. The DJs don't make their own programs anymore, they're told what to put on. The only way you're going to get variety is if you use web radio, college radio or pirate random stuff. Even wandering around on iTunes (and similar) is limited with their 20 sec only clips that start at random points. You can't get a good sense if you like something or not many kinds of tunes when you're offered it like that.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off