PC Gaming News

Poll: Which race will you pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]

Question What race will you pick for your Ranger?

Other professions already have a similar thread, so why not make it for the ranger?
    I'm aware that there's a general thread, but it's always nice to see a poll, showing where most rangers will be. Feel free to lock this thread if you have to ().

Simple question: what race will you pick for your ranger? Feel free to explain yourself aswell!

I will personally pick a Human, because my ranger will be an adventurer, seeking the glory of his ancestors. Any profession could do this, but Rangers (translated into Dutch as "Dolers", in LOTR-books, which means people who travel around the world) have this - go out and explore the world, seeking glory and fame to them. You could say Norn could do this well, but my Norn will be a warrior, and I feel less connected to any race other than Humans (since they were the only playable race in GW1).

Asura Rangers sound cool too, with big pets, and I'll probably roll one just to see how they look with Drakes, but unless they look REALLY cool, I'm not going to pick one...

Therefore, Human Ranger.

PS: The poll is single-option, so if you plan on rolling multiple rangers for some reason, pick the one you're most excited about.
    Last edited by Guided Daggers; 25-01-2012 at 15:00.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Asura Ranger. I'll be making it with out-of-proportions items too... Longbow. Huge pets. And you'll see me running around with a greatsword on occasions. I also really like the idea of hiding in places in PvP and raining death from above, and using my wit at a range.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Spoken of pets, will they grow as their level increases, like in GW1? The biggest pets there, combined with an Asura, would probably lead to hilarity in some situations... :P

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    My first and main will be a human female ranger. My second (depending on how many characters we can create) will probably an Asuran ranger, also female.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I am pretty sure I will pick a Charr ranger (although she will not be my first choice to create), so I chose this option.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'll probably make all my chars within a day or two of getting the game, but I'll have guardian and engineer as mains and ranger, mesmer, ele, and necro for playing later or with my kid.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Human or Charr for me. Haven't really connected much with the other races so far.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I've connected with all races except human. Humans just feel average to me.

The reason I picked asura for the ranger is mainly because I wanted to pick a race that was unusual for a ranger. Physical races were therefore not a good fit (e.g. norn, charr), and sylvari seemed too common a choice due to their closeness to nature. Asura seems a good fit also if roleplayed from the point of view of an asura trying to understand the nature, and living from his wits and his environment as opposed to gadgets.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    While Sylvari seem the most logical choice (since Ranger rely on nature and Sylvari kind of ARE nature), noone seems to have picked them. I would've, but I want to keep them for my Engineer or Elementalist... So it's a Human Ranger, currently, unless the character design screen convinces me otherwise...

Their racial skill Grasping Roots could also be useful for rangers.
    Last edited by Guided Daggers; 26-01-2012 at 15:25.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Sylvari ranger seems redundant, actually. I expect to see a lot in-game, as common as night elf rangers or druids.
    == Alaris & clone ==