PC Gaming News

Poll: Which race will you pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Fair enough, but night elves did use to be the only Druid-race on the Alliance, so that might be a coincidence.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah ok, but the point about rangers still stand.

Also, wtf no night elf warlocks. That would have been my main (until I'd find out warlocks are boring, that is).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    God they were boring indeed. At least the Necromancer in GW was executed decently. Those summons were just afwul (and hideous!). I'm afraid I had a main Warlock character, one of the main reasons I quit (didn't want to start over, didn't want to continue and play such a boring character).

I figure a Norn Ranger, shapeshifting with his pet could be cool aswell. I should stop thinking about combinations, or I might actually make a Norn Ranger instead. I'll probably spend all my money on Character slots, so to make all possible combinations of Race/Profession if it continues like this.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Sylvari Ranger or Norn..
    I'm still thinking what to pick, the only races I have set are Warrior, Elementalist and Thief.

Leaning towards Sylvari for the moment though.
    But that Sylvari might even end up as a Mesmer for all I know.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I just had a mental picture of a sylvari mesmer (thanks Karuro). A sylvari mesmer is kinda like throwing leaves (clones) at your foes, it doesn't sound impressive. I'd rather throw a norn or charr at them, more shock value.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline.Net Member
    Sylvari for me (I go for the conventional choices.)

Sylvar and Norn feel like the most natural Ranger species, though I imagine them with different pets: Sylvari I associate with the creepy crawly ones (Insects, spiders, lizards, jellyfish, etc.), while Norn I associate with the big mammal predators and birds. (Cats, dogs, bears, wolves, etc.)

I just had a mental picture of a sylvari mesmer (thanks Karuro). A sylvari mesmer is kinda like throwing leaves (clones) at your foes, it doesn't sound impressive. I'd rather throw a norn or charr at them, more shock value.
    Thinking about this quote, I'd actually imagine Sylvari throwing around lots of colorful flower illusions, possibly colored fall leaf illusions. Sylvari would probably be masters of distracting enemies with lots of pretty colors flying around.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade[EU]
    Guild

Lore School[GWen]
    Norn ranger. This will be my main character.

I always prefer human! I try to stay alive even in the invented world. That is why i chose human range.
    Last edited by Lady Rhonwyn; 21-03-2012 at 06:55. Reason: No signatures if you're not a pal

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I had a charr ranger during this beta... That one is awesome running beside your pet!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

I think I am going to pick char or sylvari for ranger ^^
    I belive they are more conectet with nature and the materials for bow and arrow - can't think that an asura would prefer a piece of wood with some sticks against a scientific weapon of an engeneer XD

I like the idea that a char could run beside it's pet, but guess a sylvari would have a special relationship to it (just my opinion ^^)