Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]

Cool games I should get?

I finished my exams today and I wanted to give myself a little present. I was thinking of a videogame, but don't really see something that I would like (or I can't run it, like Battlefield 3)...

I'd mostly like an action game, probably FPS since that's the genre I have most games in. Price doesn't matter. It must run on a Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Mobility HD Radeon 4570 (so that's a two year old laptop). Do you guys know any games totally worth buying?

As a reference, here's a list of games I own on Steam (way too much )

Spoilered to preserve space:
    Spoiler

EDIT: also have Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2. Also have several RTS games and I'm not really looking for another one. Also got Skyrim and Oblivion. Also got Thief 3 and Star Wars: Battlefront.

I love Guild Wars, despise any other MMO games. I kinda liked Titan Quest. I think I could enjoy Quake 4, but someone told me that it sucks since id Software didn't make it (but that could be a fanboy). To make things even harder, I'd like it if I could buy it retail. I'd also like RAGE, but not sure it would run well. Is Bulletstorm any good?

Mostly, I've been looking for a shooter that doesn't constantly tell you what to do. That's probably what I want.

Kind of a tough question, but I'd appreciate your help!

PS Cool graphics are a plus, but I'd gladly play something that looks like this clip of Blue by Eiffel 65 if it has good gameplay.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Guided Daggers; 30-01-2012 at 15:34.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I played Saints Row 2 lately, and after the initial *very irritating* bugs were resolved, I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to getting Saints Row 3. I heard it was not buggy. SR2 (and I imagine SR3 as well) is open-world much like GTA or Just Cause, and includes tons of minigames where you get to do a lot of fun stuff like driving races, stealing cars, assassinating people, causing havoc. You also have quite diverse missions to play. There is some fps-like mission types like taking over strongholds or defending /taking over a territory. It has a great sense of humor too if you are not easily offended (and yes, it tries to offend). Although I have yet to play it, I would recommend you get SR3 and skip SR2.

Just Cause 2 is also pretty fun for many of the same reasons, but it sticks to being fairly serious and as such lacks in minigame diversity. The hook weapon though is great fun to use to get around or as a weapon.

I know both of those games are out of your preference range, but I figured maybe you were interested in something a bit different from your usual.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    I forgot to add Saints Row 2 to the list, sorry! Terribly buggy, but fun game.

I also have Just Cause 2 out of Steam.

I kind of feel like I'm running out of games I don't have .

Sorry for that, Alaris!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I heard good things about Torchlight, it's like Diablo & Titan Quests, made by some of the people who worked on Diablo 2 afaik, not including Bill Roper :)
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Might give that a try. What's wrong about Bill Roper (I don't know who he is, tbh)? :P

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    SR3 is a lot of fun, but I don't think it has a ton of content. I don't play it that much and I feel like I got through a decent chunk (like 15%) in a few hours.

What little time I've spent gaming has been in Baldur's Gate lately, so I'm not super helpful. Plus you already have almost anything I'd have recommended, other than Skyrim (which isn't an FPS).

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Edit: I've got Skyrim and Oblivion too. Lol.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Okay, maybe you should check out the Book Thread lol

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Or the exercise thread ;)

Speaking of that, I have to get back to exercise. I have been using my game as an excuse to be busy, but my belly is reminding me that I can't afford to slouch off too much.

I'll be doing some Wii exercises when I get back home. It's a good workout, given that I add in weights.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Is there a girlfriend thread too?