PC Gaming News
    GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered

"What's your story?" - GW2 Elementalist backstory thread

I remember on the old GW1 Elementalist forum there was a (albeit abandoned) thread where everyone would post a backstory of who their character was and such. With the biography choices in GW2 I think it would be very easy to even at least base a story around these instead of having to make one out of thin air so lets have a shot at it!

I'll update with my back story soon.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    A Seed of Tomorrow (A character tale, part 1)

"We live. We are the world."

"We are alive, we are one. We are offspring of the world."

"We are one, but not the same. We can't reach everywhere. Why?"

"We dream the same dream. Our dream is the past of the world. We are not alone in this world."

"We think in our dream. We feel. We have a center. The Pale Tree. The world is Tyria."

"We hear voices or our brothers and sisters, of others. The sap of life is flowing through the Pale Tree, is flowing through us."

"We hear dreaming voices and awakened voices. We are part of the Pale Tree, but not whole."

"We listen to the voices of the Dream of Dreams. We remember. We learn. We grow."

"We understand the Dream of Dream. We understand time. We listen more. We are seeds."

"We see the others in this world. They are old, we are new. We are saplings, we keep growing."

"They have names for everything, they are not one in the Dream of Dreams. We feel the sap of life flowing through our veins. We can stretch to the sun and root in the earth."

"We are Sylvari and I am one of them."
    "I will name myself Gorani, why I will have to find out."
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Is it plausible to make this a general GW2 backstory thread instead of just Elementalists? I think it will be more interesting to read about different professions.

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    But you could just make a thread for each profession as long as it doesn't make too much clutter and that way you could organise by profession. Otherwise if it makes too much clutter then we should.
    Just a note that this was moved from the elementalist forum and thats purely the only reason this is about elemenatlist backstories.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    I thought single thread might be better organized if each thread only gets 1-2 pages each. I was also thinking people who haven't decided on the profession for the character would be able to post too.

But I guess a thread per profession would be more organized if there are a lot of posts in each thread. I could always merge them together if having multiple threads become cluttering, so we can keep separate threads for each profession .

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    What’s my story?

My name is Redean, and I’m an Asuran Elementalist. I’ve studied all the elements, but I wear a circlet that symbolizes my love of air. There’s nothing wrong with the other elements; if you need to impress an infant but any serious elementalist should know that true power is held in air. The sky wields lightning; raw energy, at a whim… why can’t I? As an enigmatic genius, naturally I have a way with words; I’ll be one of the greatest geniuses of my generation but where’s the fun in trotting on ego’s before you reach the top? And having a silver tongue certainly doesn’t hurt when dealing with the other sex.

Often I’m asked which college I studied at. I always answer an obvious question with an equally obvious question: “Do I look like some backwards ‘mystic’, or an old boring stickler? Let the Synergetic ninnies worry about their ‘Great Alchemy’ and those old coots in the College of Statics worry about their ‘safety procedures’. The College of Dynamics was the obvious choice for a genius like me. My first advisor, the one who taught me almost everything I know (almost), was Mistress Zinga. She taught me that the best form of magic is good old-fashioned luck. She liked to say, "Planning ahead is for ninnies who think they can predict every possible outcome. The future is mutable! Go with the flow!" Zinga also got me in the habit of calling everyone a ninnie, but only if they deserved it and let’s be honest; many ninnies run around Rata Sum on a free-reign.

My first creation was a Transatmospheric Converter. What unmitigated joy to be able to change the weather at my whim! If only the prototype had been more powerful. Nevertheless, the design was cutting-edge. My transatmospheric converter was a masterpiece of utter genius. I wish I'd had more funding, then I could truly get closer than ever before to my goal of wielding the power of the sky!

Many speak of Tyria’s final days, with the dragons and all. That they will never be defeated, not with the races of Tyria divided by conflict and war. Well maybe they just need a leader, someone to make the ninnies take notice and unite against the imminent danger. Tyria needs a hero and I’m more than happy to oblige, but first… I’ll have to prove myself.
    Last edited by Redean; 13-02-2012 at 08:37.