The rules and etiquette are mostly updates of the previous sticky by Kalidri; they are updated to reflect:
1) any updates to the forum since the previous sticky was made,
2) all of fiction, art, movies, and screenshots, and
3) my abilities as the moderator of this forum as they are different from Kalidri's.
- Basic Rules
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 5 of 5
03-02-2012, 22:25 #1
Welcome to Fan Fiction, Art & Movies <Rules, Etiquettes, Directory, and FAQ>
Last edited by satomz; 01-01-2013 at 19:42.
03-02-2012, 22:27 #2
- Follow the general forum guidelines, found here. The FAQ can walk you through the basics.
- Absolutely no plagiarism. If you need to base your work on someone else's work, at least cite it and if possible try to get permission for usage.
- No lavishly described sex scenes in fictions and movies, and spoiler and warn nudity in your visual arts. Though many of the members are well over the age limit, there still are members and guests who are underage.
- If you feel a trouble arising (e.g. you feel bullied, unnecessary flaming starting) or spot a spammer, contact me or other mods via the Report Post button (triangular caution sign with exclamation in middle) at the bottom of the post. They won't bite. I think .
Because this forum houses many forms and categories of art, I ask that you start using one of the Fan Art Prefixes to keep this forum organized.
These are the prefixes available in Fan Arts forum:
- Commission Offered/Wanted - Use them to show that you are offering/wanting a commission.
- Art/Fiction/Music/Video/Screenshot - Use these to distinguish the general form of your expertise to make browsing easier for others.
- Contest Open/Closed - use these to advertise your artistic contests.
Last edited by satomz; 01-01-2013 at 19:44.
03-02-2012, 22:33 #3
1) If you are going to critique, be constructive. Something like "You can't write/draw." or "You suck" communicates nothing except your lack of care about that person's work. If you do not like a work, explain why you feel that way so that the artist/author can improve. Expect empty insults to be deleted.
2) For Fan Fiction authors, I request good grammar usage, including correct spelling. Sentences with correct grammar are much easier to read, and they enable you to receive more comments and critique on the content of your story rather than your grammar. If you do not regularly use English or are not good with grammatical usage, either seek help of someone who is good with English language or specify your language troubles in your posts. My primary language isn't English either, so I recommend you seek someone else to review your grammar.
03-02-2012, 22:35 #4
03-02-2012, 22:37 #5
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happened to the Fan Fic Lounge sticky?
A: I unstickied it, because of specification of it being Fan Fic only (remniscent of Fan Fic and Fan Arts being separated) and how little traffic we get in here. Once we have more people and thus demand for a lounge, I will start a new lounge sticky.
Q: Where can I upload pictures?
A: If you are only uploading pictures, common image hosting sites like imageshack, photobucket, and TinyPic works. You can alternatively go to sites like Deviant Art to interact with other artists or keep a portfolio of your works.
Please PM me any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Fan Arts forum.