PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    The Chronomancers are hiding peacefully in the West.
    Do not disturb their tea time.

Spoiler

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I actually would not be surprised if we get some kind of Chronomancer in an expansion. Providing they keep with the new professions each expansion (*fingers crossed for two per expansion*), it's not totally unlikely. They already combined so many of the GW 1 professions into the eight we see in GW 2, that we might get some fun new stuff. Plus, wasn't there something when about how part of the reason they scrapped Utopia was because GW 1 mechanics couldn't handle what they wanted to do, so they started working on GW 2? Maybe Chronomancer is part of that? :)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'd love to have more professions, and chronomancer would be one I'd seriously consider playing. I'm a alt-a-holic at the core, I'm already making 6 professions out of the 8. I doubt we'll get two per expansion, more likely they'll release professions as standalones, or some random number based on what they can come up with by the time the expansion hits the store.

The main problem with professions in GW1 was that each required its armor art, animations, and that you could combo skills across any two profession. This was thus an expansion nightmare leading to a bloated mess that was harder to balance and create content for, while also having to deal with an increasingly demanding customer base.

They essentially fixed that by (1) cutting down armor art into 3 classes, although that is combinatorial with the 5 races, (2) having professions not combine outside common combos, and (3) having professions differ more in how they do stuff (gameplay differences) rather than what they can do. This potentially makes it a lot easier to add in new professions, and I hope they go crazy with that. I'd love to see tons of new professions.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Actually, now that you mention it, maybe we'll get three new professions per expansion (one per class)!

Probably not, though. I wish we had more details on the Summoner... Would love to know how that would differ from the Rit.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    IMO one profession and 2 new races would still make a good deal, i don't need a huge choice of professions as long as we have the choice for every style.
    would really love to see the monk back, only this time as a hand-to-hand combat profession.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054