PC Gaming News

Guild Wars Survivor Style

/EDIT I though it would probably be beneficial to post where I got this idea from, to make sure anyone who wants credit, is given their due credit so here are the 2 links where I got the idea.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3966606644
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02...-in-hell-mode/
    /END EDIT

Hey all, first and foremost, this is NOT an original idea, but one that I think would be a cool and fun "side" thing to do if you are currently bored/done with GW or just want to try something different.

This is taken from the Ironman Wow challenge, just changed for GW rules of play.

GW Survivor Style: Beat every mission in all campaigns without dieing a single time.

This will more than likely be revised/changed if people become more interested or have better ideas.

Rules:

1) Starter gear only, you know, that crappy gear you get that just plains sucks
    2) No mods on your armor or weapons whatsoever
    3) White/Blue weapons ONLY
    4) No /bonus items allowed
    5) No buffs/summons allowed
    6) No heros/mercs allowed. Henchies only ladies and gentleman. Unless the quest/mission DIRECTLY requires a hero.
    7) No elites allowed. Time to get creative
    8) No skill tomes allowed. You have to earn/buy your own skills
    9) No sending gold/plat/ectos/etc from storage (will be tricky since storage is shared)
    10) No buying/sharing weapons from an alt/main
    11) No groups are allowed. This is to ALL be done SOLELY by yourself + henchies (if desired). In other words, solo only.
    12) If you die, delete and restart. No merching items/gear/weapons and stashing gold/plat in storage (sucks, but makes it more interesting)

Well other than those tentative "rules", I cant think of anything else that would make this harder to do. If you can think of another rule, or one listed above that should be revised, leave a comment and we'll see how this goes.

Obviously, this will be one of those "take you at your word" kind of things, but since it's more of a fun side thing to do, theres really no need to lie about it. If you want to cheat on any of the rules, thats fine, but know that it's just cheating yourself (end dad speech :D ).

The only way I can think of to "prove" that you beat the whole game without dieing would be to take a screenshot of your HoM Honor stand with the campaign statues showing and your /deaths in the chat.

Feel free to berrate/comment/flame/throw this in the ground. I am always looking for new and fun ideas and challenges.

Thank you

/EDIT
    1) Added rule 10, changed rule 10 to 11
    2) Added rule 11, changed rule 11 to 12
    3) Edited rule 6
    3) The only hiccup I can think of off the top of my head is the storage of gold/plat/ectos (if you get enough to start getting ectos). My personal thoughts on this is to perhaps have a text file on your computer with the amount of gold/plat/etc you have EARNED for THAT particular character and if you die, if you have stored said currency in your shared storage, put that amount of currency in/on your character when you delete them. Again, this is on an "honesty" system, so no one will know if you are faking it or not, other than yourself. For the sake of having fun, there is no need to be dishonest.
    Last edited by Dayquil; 11-02-2012 at 15:55.

REVISION:

1) As far as the "beat every mission in all campaigns, bonus/masters etc is NOT required, but a hefty bonus on your part if they are all gotten.
    2) Buffs in town should be considered OK, since they wont be carried through portals. So feel free to get those party/sweet/alc titles!!
    3) (debatable) If you get white/blue weapon with mods, you MAY use a perf salv, after purchasing or using main perf salv, to make it CLEAN.

REVISION II:
    1) If you beat every mission and every campaign in NM, restart from the beginning in HM. Using the same order as before is preferred, ie: NM you went proph, factions, nf, eotn. Then do HM proph, factions, nf, eotn. Remember, if you die, all your gold/plat/ectos FOR THAT CHARACTER you have saved, gets deleted!!
    Last edited by Dayquil; 11-02-2012 at 06:25.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Really now? Mursaat with starters armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    Really now? Mursaat with starters armor?
    Thats part of the challenge. Also, there is always room for improvement or changes to the rules. Its not set it stone yet by any means.
    Last edited by Dayquil; 11-02-2012 at 15:57.