Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

The Grove - Sylvari homelands

Sylvari homelands - An introduction to this race

This section will feature the first areas you can visit as a Sylvari (the home town "The Grove" and the two low level areas "Caledon Forest" and "Brisban Wildlands" as well as the initial paths of your personal story.

Everything you need to get a quick access to:
    The Sylvari are omnivorous humanoid plants. Some Sylvari closely resemble humans but with a fey cast to their features such as tilted eyes and pointed ear tips; most display plantlike features such as bark simulating bone structure, have foliage and petals for hair, and leaves or vines acting as flesh. Golden sap moves through their veins instead of blood and pollen shakes off of them as they move. They are much slighter than the average human, about a head shorter and of slimmer build. While sylvari can seemingly absorb sunlight and become rejuvenated, they still must eat and drink to survive.

Sylvari emerge fully formed from golden fruit pods which grow on the branches of the Pale Tree. Their "gender" is selected by the Pale Tree prior to emergence and is distinguished by the same features as human genders;while Sylvari are able to and do have sex, it is not for reproduction as Sylvari can only be born from the Pale Tree. As they are all born from the Pale Tree they could be considered all of the same family. Their family bond might even be considered stronger than most species as they share a collective dream and are connected on a basic psychic level as well as the genetic level. It is unknown whether the Sylvari die of old age as Sylvari have only died through violence, poison or disease so far and no Sylvari has shown signs of ageing. When a Sylvari is harmed, instead of scaring tissue they heal via tendrils and expanding bark, but heal at the same general rate as humans.

Prior to emergence they share a bond through the Pale Tree which they call the Dream of Dreams. In this dream a growing Sylvari is exposed to the consciousness of the Pale Tree and the vast pool of knowledge and memories of what every other Sylvari has thought and learned of the world. When they emerge a portion of this knowledge remains with them, including basic wisdom and understanding from the Pale Tree and a small fraction of what other Sylvari have seen and experienced, though this rarely includes specific memories. After emergence the bond with the Pale Tree is weaker but it links all Sylvari and, to an extent, other plants. On rare occasion twins can emerge from the same pod and they exhibit a greater empathy toward one another.

Last edited by Gorani; 24-08-2012 at 11:15.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Sylvari biography questions

Those biography questions will determine the basic path to your personal story line.

All Sylvari charcaters will start their first "tutorial mission" in the Dream, called "Fighting the Nightmare". After that, the
    storyline missions will change, depending on what answers you gave during character creation:

I dreamed of a quest that calls me to action. It was a vision of the _____.
    The White Stag The White Stag is a creature of enchantment, an immortal beast with great power. It is said that the stag will trade a magical boon for its freedom, if I can catch it.
    Quests: Called to ServiceHounds and the HuntedDiscovering DarknessHidden in Darkness/Saving the StagBlack Night, White Stag
    The Green Knight I saw a powerful knight in green armor, his face obscured by vines. He was defeated, but did not submit; was killed, but did not die. Dare I face him in battle?
    Quests: Mockery of DeathLoved and LostA Good Work SpoiledHammer and Steel/Name unknownThe Knight's Duel
    The Shield of the Moon The moon is a powerful symbol of healing and magic. Any who dream they're protected by the moon shall know faith and fortitude. I hope I'm worthy of such a vision.
    Quests: AwakeningHolding Back the DarknessA Sly TrickDeeply Tangled RootsBeneath a Cold Moon/Name unknown

I believe that the most important of Ventari's teachings is _____.
    Act with wisdom, but act. It is one thing to know what is right and another to change the world. We all have a calling. I will distinguish myself through my actions and thereby lift Tyria to a higher state of nobility.
    After the StormBeneath the WavesMirror, MirrorA Vision of Darkness/Shattered Light
    All things have a right to grow. The blossom is brother to the weed. Diversity of opinion is good. Discussion is healthy. No one should be condemned simply for being different. I will stand up for the rights of all.
    Wild GrowthSeeking the ZaliscoThe Direct Approach/Trading TrickeryEye of the Sun
    Where life goes, so too, should you. The world is a delicious and gorgeous place created for us to explore, enjoy, and protect. I will seek out the lessons in every experience, and as I grow, I will have more to offer in return.
    Where Life GoesAn Unknown SoulSource of the Issue/A Different DreamSnuffing Out Embers
    The Pale Tree awakened me during the _____.
    Cycle of Dawn Sylvari awakened at dawn are natural talkers, diplomats, and forward-thinkers. We are intimately connected with our surroundings and markedly empathic toward all, even other races.
    Cycle of Noon Sylvari awakened mid-day solve problems by attacking them head-on. We are the warriors, hunters, and travelers who experience life first-hand and enjoy the rush of taking risks in order to feel truly alive.
    Cycle of Dusk Sylvari awakened at dusk are naturally curious and thoughtful. We love to learn and spend time reading and studying. We are intelligent and drawn toward the luscious complexities of magic.
    Cycle of Night Sylvari awakened at night are secretive and cautious with information. We make our own decisions, and we come and go as we please, nimble of mind and body.
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-08-2012 at 13:27.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

The Grove

The Grove

Hundreds of years ago, the Grove was the site of a human village, amongst whom was a Shining Blade member by the name of Ronan. Ronan, a soldier and a warrior, went out to war, and in his travels came across a cavern full of seeds the size of a man's fist. With one of those seeds stowed away, Ronan arrived back home, only to find that the villagers, including his whole family, had been massacred by mursaat. In grief, Ronan made a vow of non-violence and planted that seed upon the graves of his family. It was this seed, tended by Ronan and the centaur Ventari that would later become the Pale Tree that anchors the Grove today.

Activities
    -- Heart Quests
    4 Waypoints
    19 Points of Interest
    -- Skill Challenges
    6 Vistas to discover
    Map of the The Grove
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-08-2012 at 11:06.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Caledon Forest

Caledon Forest

The Caledon Forest is the Sylvari starter area, which is designed for characters from Level 1 to 15. The difficulty of tasks in this area increases from south to north.

Activities
    18 Heart Quests
    18 Waypoints
    20 Points of Interest
    7 Skill Challenges
    8 Vistas to discover
    Map of the Caledon Forest

Important Locations

• Dominion of Winds
    • Dreamdark Enclave
    • Glencarn Sperrins
    • Grenbrack Delves
    • Mabon Market
    • Morgan's Spiral
    • Ogham Wilds
    • Quetzal Bay
    • Ruins of the Unseen
    • Sandycove Beach
    • Sleive's Inlet
    • The Rootangles
    • The Rowanwoods
    • The Verdence
    • Titan's Staircase
    • Trader's Green
    • Treemarch Estuary
    • Ventry Bay
    • Village of Astorea
    • Willowalk Groves
    • Wychmire Swamp
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-08-2012 at 10:57.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Brisban Wildlands

Brisban Wildlands
    Unclaimed by any nation or race so far, the Brisban Wildlands are a haven for secretive asura labs, bandit encampments, and large communities of skritt. Its eastern regions are dominated by Mount Gnashington, but the great cavern-riddled mountain gives way to more desolate terrain to the west.

Activities
    16 Heart Quests
    12 Waypoints
    19 Points of Interest
    6 Skill Challenges
    7 Vistas to discover
    Map of the Brisban Wildlands

Important Locations

• Brilitine Swath
    • Dusktruck Moors
    • Gnashar's Hills
    • Gotala Cascade
    • Hidden Lake
    • Highwayman's Vale
    • Karston Chambers
    • Lionshead Outcrops
    • Nemeton Grove
    • Scrittsburgh Center
    • Scrittsburgh East End
    • Scrittsburgh Hillstead
    • Scrittsburgh Tunnels
    • The Gallowfields
    • The Shattered Henge
    • The Wendon Steps
    • Toxal Bog
    • Vandal's Claim
    • Venlin Vale
    • Zinder Slope
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-08-2012 at 11:17.