PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    looks pretty good so far. it's looking pretty good going by the preliminary videos. I'll probably going to spend a lot of time with the mesmer. they look like a lot of fun to play.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Hello to all from Gwonline!

This is the first time since the launch of Nightfall that I'm returning to this site and to GW. I was one of the members of Gwonline Guild (IGN Angus Carcassone and/or Angrus Carcassone) and used to hang out with the Amish Brothers and a Monk who I can't recall the name now (Does anyone remembers is name?). Droped out of GW for lack of time and because I didn't like Nightfall and also because I live in Portugal (Europe) and my Guild was mostly from USA so I soloed almost all the time.

I'm returning now for GW2 which I think will be one of best games of this year.

I'm also returning for Gwonline because people were always friendly and polite, the discussions were always sharp and full of insight and there was always a laugh waiting around the corner.

Sorry for this brief introduction and my apologies if this was not the appropriate place to do it.

Regarding the Beta event, I would want to know if there will be extensive video footage of WvW by Gwonline?

I'm asking this because right now the only video that demonstrates a little of what could be WvW is the one from MMOGAMER.ES .

Does Gwonline has footage in that style?

Thank you very much for maintaining this site for all these years and being a true supportive community of a great game!
    Last edited by Carc; 21-02-2012 at 00:15.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registered1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

MVOP
    Honestly, after reading a few things, the most I took away from it all was something I enjoy taking out of context...
    "It's got the looks, it's got the mechanics, and most importantly, it's got the giant gaping hole in the ground I've learned to love."

This would of all been avoided if you just gave me the Norn racial elite video, you hear me ArenaNet?!

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Quote Originally Posted by Carc View Post
    Regarding the Beta event, I would want to know if there will be extensive video footage of WvW by Gwonline?

I'm asking this because right now the only video that demonstrates a little of what could be WvW is the one from MMOGAMER.ES .

Does Gwonline has footage in that style?
    Speaking from my own time this weekend, I didn't get much look of WvW because simply being where the action was put my FPS to unbearable levels and hitting the record button took it down to single figures, it wouldn't have been enjoyable to watch in the slightest. A lot of people seem to have had this experience also which is probably why you're not seeing so much video footage of it.

For people it was a tossup between "being able to experience it and write about it" vs "recording *things* but nothing of real value". WvW needs a fair bit of optimisation and ANet is aware of this as far as I know :D
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    With everything else going on I have not been able to keep up with all the new beta coverage. Not wanting to keep you hanging, I'd suggest you take a look our GWO friend GuildMag's compilation post. It is quite great and being updated all the time

I will also make a "best of" coverage thread at the end of the week, so stay tuned!
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

Administrator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts
    GWOnline.Net Admin

I didn't see this vid in the thread, though there was a general overview one from him:

MikeB aka Foney's Dungeon Experience

He played a necro, and I noticed that there was an ele that used summons. What else to say about it? I liked his commentary better than most, including TB's first few videos but that probably isn't totally fair as TB was under a strict deadline and was commenting on beginner gameplay. I swing my sword, oh I swing it again type stuff. But he did a good job on explaining what was going on, and why he was doing what he was doing. If nothing else, he made good use of the death shroud.
    Last edited by djacob; 22-02-2012 at 04:36.