PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]

What type of Necromancer are you looking to build?

Skills, skills, skills...
    Traits, traits, traits...
    And attributes!

We can only fill around 2 and 1/3 lines of all the Necro's 5 trait lines at one given time. From beta footage and information reveals, what kind of Necromancer are you looking to be?

I will end up trying every type, but I really would like to try a Blood Magic related necromancer, health degen/life force Death Shroud Necromancer. Conditions are another favorite part, so I will probably max both conditions and life degen on the traits.
    Last edited by Смерть; 22-02-2012 at 07:29.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i first have to figure out how the traits work so ill leave that after i have played the game, but i probably try a mixture of blood and minion mastery.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    As I haven't read anything about the GW2 professions beforehand... Not wanting any spoilers at all, I really can't say.

Hopefully Spiteful Spirit will be in the game... (no, not my favourite elite, but the most reliable one for unknown situations.) - if not, I'll probably go blood magic (is blood magic an option in gw2? no idea.)

Beta is downloading now at a slow 5mb/s, despite my connection being capable of more than twice that (100mb/s fibernet.)

Guess I'll know more once I've recreated Sadie Everdark for the beta thing. :)

[edit] made a human necro and used the hatchet for a while until I found a scepter. Not sure if it's a ranged weapon as well, but I've got 2 skills unlocked for it so far.

Guess I'll have to put on some more levels though :)
    Last edited by shadowhand; 28-04-2012 at 20:27.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    So far the staff has been the most fun for me. 1 atack skill, 4 marks that act just like gw1 traps, and a few minions. Pull, watch the explosions, and then auto attack and wait for marks to renew.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    AFter a lot more hours in the game, I second that.

Staff is my main weapon for the very simple reason that overlapping the staff attacks can kill even champion creatures of my own level, or at least cut them down to size so I can let my minions finish them off while I get ready for round two...

I keep a scepter and horn as my second set. That allows me to put out an amazing amount of conditions in a very short amount of time. And the number 5 skill with a horn is just too good to not keep on switch. It makes running away almost too easy.

I picked mostly minion skills for my utility slots. Not sure if that was a good idea, but that's how it went. I do hope there will be a way to re-arrange those skills though, other than by gaining more skill points as I'll otherwise be stuck with a set of skills with questionable usefulness later on.

Though I suspect they'll wipe the slate before release so that's not a real issue.

As for traits, I went with 10 points in Spite for starters. Had an 11th point that I never allocated as I couldn't remember where the person that sold "master" tomes was.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I haven't really looked into the weapon skills, but I do know already that necro is one of rare professions for which I will be using my skills 6-10. Having a small army of minions is lots of fun. My traits will also be boosting the minions as much as I can.

As for weapons, I'll likely be using ranged AoE's with a swap with something also ranged but that steals life. I'll decide when I get to play every weapon for a while...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about