PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Stealth is about the stupidest difficult mechanic to balance in a game. I'm glad to see it toned down to a damn minimum. What stealth achieves in pvp in most games can be achieved through other less gamebreaking mechanics.

So Iím sure you guys all checked out this video as it was in the Mez threads, and Mez is the most important classÖ.behind warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...4Cc7TFs#t=505s

Watch how the thief uses stealth to just disappear in the middle of the fight. This seems to make him un-targetable and if played well you pop in and out of being targetable during the fight. As to setting up an ambush Iím sure you still can get in to the fight in three seconds, but GW1 is all about mobility, I donít see why you would just sit and wait for anyone in GW2, just sneak up on them from behind while capping. Thief is a poor name for Assassin so Iím sure there is some type of shadowstep in there as well, thought I saw it at the beginning of the fight, but canít be sure. So you can end up with three seconds of stealth plus a shadowstep to get that first hitÖ

I'm sure with just three seconds of stealth things will be annoying enough.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Shadowsteps are in, it's not clear if they can be snared though atm.

Thief imo was chosen instead of assassin to emphasize the stealthy and evasive nature rather than the combat. The thief is meant to rely on stealth and evasion afterall to stay alive, he has medium armor and low health, and not a lot of options afaik to improve his survivability outside stealth and movement.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I personally couldn't give a damn about stealth. I want to play Thief because of the Initiative mechanic, and because of the fun the steal mechanic may provide (and the lolz, for sure). Also, because... pewpewpew, etc. It just has so many cool options, from what I can recall, I'll probably rarely bother with stealth.
    Dea Draconis ē Friendship is Magic ē Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    If I played thief, I would hide somewhere,
    Bad idea. All PvP victory conditions are based around capturing a point or a flag. Hiding somewhere with the occasional kill isn't anywhere near as useful as just going after the objectives.
    -
    The UI doesn't auto-cue nearby enemies. You can ambush people reasonably well through use of terrain. Considering stealth doesn't break on damage, seems more useful mid-combat as a defense measure (or a quick setup) than as an initiator.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Akirai, I meant WvW, and I meant when goofing off.

Good point about victory being dependent on doing things though, a hidden thief is as good as a missing player.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about