Just how much experimentation do you need to decide on traits? I mean.. wow. Just.. read them. You input points in something that's going to causes a higher percentage of critical hits, and when you play that build you'll find... you'll do more critical hits.
Let's just take a look at the guardian zeal traits, because they happen to be the first ones on the wiki table:
- 10% of power is given as a bonus to healing.
- Your spirit weapon is not destroyed when commanded.
- You deal 10% more damage against burning foes.
- Smite conditions when health reaches 25%.
- Your damage with scepters is increased by 5%.
- Your damage with two handed weapons is increased by 5%.
- Spirit weapons do 10% more damage.
They all do exactly what they say they do. Personally I'd go for the 10% bonus to healing, the spirit weapon not destroyed on Command, and 10% more spirit weapon damage.
And using the warrior examples on the blog:
- Gain adrenaline whenever killing an enemy.
- Reduced signet-recharge time.
- Movement skills break out of the Immobilize condition.
- Reduced burst-skill recharge time.
- Gain adrenaline when inflicting a critical hit with an axe skill.
- Increased movement speed while wielding a melee weapon.
- Reduced burst-skill adrenaline cost.
- Chance to rally whenever killing an enemy while under the effects of Vengeance.
- Improved critical chance for each full level of adrenaline.
For me; reduced burst skill cooldown, increased movement speed, and adrenaline on axe crit.