On 27th February 2012, this guild was created in anticipation of Guild Wars 2. The aim of this guild will be to create a big community where everyone is free to do the activities that he likes best, wheter it be PvE, small scale arenas, World vs World and other activities that one might find in Guild Wars.
Everyone is invited to join us and be a part of our community. We understand that there are people that do not always have the time to play, and we give them a chance to play with us without a lot of expectations and impositions. However having said that, the hardcore player will still find a home here. Guild structures will be placed in order to ensure that the hardcore player can do regular events, while the casual player can do the activities he would like to do on a more easygoing timetable of events.
This way, we not only ensure that everyone has his or her good share of playing the game, but those people who have limited time will find themselves doing activities that they might not be able to keep up with in other guilds.
1. Respect your guildmates
2. Racism is forbidden
3. You are representing the guild wherever you go and it is expected that you do not give the guild a bad name.
4. Let the Officers handle matters with other guilds if problems arise. Do not try and deal with it yourself.
5. Joining other guilds is allowed only if the reason of joining that guild is because you want to have a guild with a small group of IRL friends, or similar circumstances.
Mumble Specific Rules
1. Mumble is mandatory if you wish to participate in any guild activity we do. This means both PvE, PvP and WvWvW.
2. English only - If you wish to speak in another language please use a private channel where there are no other people there except the people you wish to communicate with.
NOTE: These rules will be altered to reflect the Guild Wars 2 engine, however these current rules are a good start
- Always do an attendance post for every raid that is put up, even if you are not attending. This will allow the raidleader to plan accordingly.
- Attendance posts must be done at least 2 hours before the raid starts, to give time to the raid leader to adjust the raid depending on the people showing up.
- Make sure you are always on time if you say that you will be there.
- Failure to sign up for the calendar will be met by disciplinary actions unless you have not told anyone of your absence or otherwise. This is so we can mantain a high standard of progression.
- You need to be online at least 5-10 minutes before so that the raidleader doesnt waste time from raiding.
- When signing up as Mabye status, please leave a note if and when you can join late or not at all so the raidleader won't keep waiting for you for a long time.
Consumables and Requirments:
- Please bring enough consumables to sustain you during raiding.
- It is expected that everyone knows their class well, and you should ask for help if you have doubts which spells to choose etc.
During the Raid:
- Short breaks will be taken during the raid when the raidleader calls for them, depending on the situation. Please make sure you do not go afk unless something important happened, otherwise you would be slowing the whole raid down. Make sure to always ask for permission from the raid leader beforehand so they don't pull any mobs/bosses without you.
- The raidleader always has last word on anything related to the raid that he is leading, ranging from switching players to reserves, changing tactics or switching player roles. This is only to mantain stability in a raiding environment and keep everyone at the same level of thought during boss fights.
- The Raidleader has the right to use disciplinary actions in order to ensure a high quality in raids.
- Loot distribution will be set at a later stage.
To be filled in once more information on small scale PvP is available
1. In WvWvW, should Reckoning have a keep under its control that is being attacked, a call to arms will be issued and you must drop whatever you are doing and help to defend what is ours.
To be filled in once more information on WvWvW is available
Anyone can join this guild at this stage. The important thing at this stage is that we get to know each other and even play some other games while waiting for Guild Wars 2 to release.
Hardcore Players - Hardcore players are essential for the guild, as they are the ones who propel the guild forward with progression in all aspects of the game. In this guild, they are sure to find like minded people with similar goals.
Casual Players - Casual players are a solid backbone to any guild, as they provide a big community. We will not only cater to the hardcore players, but also to the casual players. This will enable everyone to expirience the game to the full.
Recruitment lasts for 2 weeks where you will be under watch for behaviour.
In this guild, everyone has the chance of actively working for the community should they wish to do so. Officers are chosen not because they know the guild leader, but rather because they show a willingness to offer their services to the community. I do not believe in the system of having people in high ranks just because they know people, because in the end, this hurts the guild and the community.
A high ranking member may be demoted at any time either by the guild leader, or by posting a vote of no confidence.
Vote of no confidence - This is to be posted as a poll in the elections forum entitled "Vote of no Confidence - (Name)" The poll will be up for a week. A 75% is needed for the vote to pass.
Elections - These will happen once every 3 months. Members can give in their names as possible candidates whenever they want except in the last week of the 3 months, where polls in the election forum are posted and everyone can vote according to who they wish in those posts. As a candidate, you cannot apply for multiple posts. The guild master is the only rank which does not change, unless the guild leader gives his title to someone else because of inactivity and other issues.
Guild Master - The guild master will have the final say on any issues that the guild is involved with. He has the right to veto any descisions or votes that are going on if he thinks it is better for the guild to do so.
Warlord - In charge of WvWvW. These are activities ranging from tactics, keep upgrades, communicating with allied guilds and so on.
Centurion - Second in command after the Warlord in WvWvW. There can be multiple centurions.
General - In charge of PvE Content. These are activities ranging from leading the raids, tactics on bosses on the forums, scheduling raids and so on.
Tactician - Second in Command after the General. There can be multiple Tacticians.
Advisor - In charge of mantaining stability in the guild through making sure rules are being followed, and helping out whenever possible. Also helps in recruitment processes. There can be multiple advisors.
Veteran - A member that has proven reliable and active for a long time with good conduct. If a veteran and a member both want the same post, veterans always take priority.
Member - After passing the 2 weeks trial, you are promoted to member rank, where you can then apply for higher ranks.
Recruit - Recruits are under watch for their behaviour. Recruitment period lasts 2 weeks. You are not allowed to apply for higher ranks at this stage.