PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Die?

No human lives for 240-something years...

Maybe you can come back as one of the ascalonian ghosts, sadly enough you can't play one of those.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Qanar View Post
    Die?

Maybe you can come back as one of the ascalonian ghosts, sadly enough you can't play one of those.
    10 years after WoC is concluded, the Charr will invade Ascalon. What will your character (lore-wise) do then? And 40 years after WoC, Primordus awakens, and what will your character do then? WoC is 10 years after Prophecies. That's what Chips was asking.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Prologue: Abducted by Konymir and made to train and fight for the Sunspears
    Epilogue: MIA.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Quote Originally Posted by Qanar View Post
    Die?

The fall of Ascalon will be within our main's life time. We each have to decide on what to do when it comes.

This is similar to those Canadian-Germans back in WWI. Many returned back to Germany to fight for their native country, when they didn't need to.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    I agree that fighting a hopeless battle isn't for everyone. I am just saying that I personally don't feel right watching Ascalon burn and do nothing. I am sure many feel the same, in the RP sense.
    I don't think our characters would know it's a lost cause, so it's just one more fight against bad odds for our, prior to this, always successful heroes. ;-)

I think most of my characters are fighting the charr in the northlands --with Pyre et.al. a few are still for hire in either elona or cantha (I think some of mine will be lost in the realm of torment and probably wont be back for many many years---)
    Settle down?? more than likely not, my kids have gotten to accustomed to the fighting pace to just sit on the behinds and do nothing. (though my monk will probably still be in a monastery somewhere as he, well, did a wee bit too much drinking and eating and now is doing penance). Though they might shack up and have a kid or two....

I thought a lot about what Lilith Dragonhart will be doing afterward GW1.

After destroying Shiro, the Lich and the Abbadon, she knows the difference between a general and a final boss, so she knows that the destroyer was not the end. She spent several years with the Ebon Vanguard and possibly having children (depending on which race I will play in GW2). After the destruction of Ascalon she withdrew to the scrying pool. She saw the coming of a great darkness. She spent the last few years of her life gathering a great armory in preparation for the hero that will free the world from that darkness. Upon her death she became a lich to guard her armory against thieves and those unworthy the use her weapons.

If my GW2 character is a human, the key to the armory will be passed down from generation to generation waiting for the one hero that can defeat the dragons. That hero is a woman that almost died at birth and was blessed by Grenth to bear the name Lilith Dragonhart.

Every other race will just find the armory and be judged worthy.
    Last edited by markaedw; 22-03-2012 at 20:27.