Hybrid View

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

Traits: An Analysis

It seems that the trait system is complicated enough for the min-max crowd to sweat over it for a long time. Meanwhile, here’s a handy guide for the rest of us. Each profession have 5 trait lines, which can be roughly described as pressure, criticals, defense, healing/support, and profession-specific. Each boosts 2 attributes that are [...]

More...
    Last edited by Lensor; 14-03-2012 at 17:06.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    tl;dr: spreading across attribute lines is just fine in most cases.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    I'm waiting for the study notes.

-Art

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    As the Elementalist relies heavily on his attunement swapping abilities, I'd say (without knowing all traits for the Ele yet and no precise numbers for damage/heal etc. values) that spreading out the traits among all five trait categories will be a choice that can't do anything wrong.
    Of course, you can chose traits that are less beneficial (e.g. Signet boosting traits without taking signets on your skill bar)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

You can change major traits without paying a fee, and signet traits are major ones... so I'd assume that you'd change those out when adding/removing signets from your bar.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I can easily see elementalists focusing more on damage or support, in which case they're probably better off fire/air or water respectively. Those swapping often (like me) should also consider arcane, although that's not going to be every elementalist (to their loss imo). But even swapping often, it might pay off more to spec in those major that give you the bonuses you want.

There's plenty of place to adjust your major traits to your specific build without having to pay, the minors and attribute mainly give general bonuses anyway.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    So if you remember pressure, criticals, defense, healing/support, and profession-specific, it should be easy to see where you need to invest your attribute points.
    Since I haven't taken a look at other professions except the Ele, I find this quoted text interesting. So there is a common ground among all professions.

With the skill tools available I have currently set up a 10/10/20/15/15 setup. Signet Mastery & Written in Stone looked nice so I wanted those two major traits
    Last edited by Gorani; 14-03-2012 at 19:34.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It seems that way, yes. I am an alt-a-holic, so I was looking at several professions trying to understand how traits are organized.

Seems like even major traits fall into that general common ground, although there are enough major traits that don't so you can easily respec without necessarily having to redistribute your points.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I have not looked into it in detail so this type of analysis is very useful. I like the idea of spreading the attributes around, but I guess we have to wait and see how important that last 5 is to get to 30 in some lines.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    We should not forget that 70 trait points are only available at maximum level. You will have a lot less traits during your character progression toward being a hero in end game content.
    Even a PvP character should need unlocks for them, or will he have all traits unlocked too ?