PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Honestly, people still using any of the old discontinued crap have noone but themselves til blame for that. If you wait 10+ years to move forwards, you can't expect anyone to help you out anymore. Impressive though, how far the game has gone while maintaining this ridiculous amount of backwards compatibility.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I can understand the feeling of not updating even though it should be better. We have a PC running (XP MediaCenter) that still runs IE6. I know IE8 is a lot better, but it will crash the entire pc. Now, that PC needs to be replaced (badly!) but at the moment it's working perfectly (we don't really use the browser on it anyway) at what it should do.

The extra HDD is always a good advice, to keep OS and data separated, to make re-installs a bit easier. But you still must be sure nothing has been saved to your OS-drive without you knowing about it... (and it does happen!) And you must find your drivers again, and all applications you want installed. Re-installing a PC always takes a lot of time...
    have that problem with my laptop, i just frikin hate vista but the laptop is customized specifically for vista.
    it takes 1GB just to start the frikin thing up, my powerhouse of a PC only need 400-500MB and that runs XP.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    Honestly, people still using any of the old discontinued crap have noone but themselves til blame for that. If you wait 10+ years to move forwards, you can't expect anyone to help you out anymore. Impressive though, how far the game has gone while maintaining this ridiculous amount of backwards compatibility.
    I was flabbergasted when I saw the announcement. I couldn't believe someone would still be running Win 95 or especially the horrid Millennium Edition.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Quote Originally Posted by shadowJT View Post
    Playing Guild Wars on windows 95 is that even possible??
    I was thinking of the same thing besides Microsoft doesn't support the above 95,98.98SE.ME and 200 only XP.