PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    I don't know, if anet notices someone talking about how they got an invite five minutes after they sent it out, and that the person signed it after five minutes and thirty seconds, would anet care that they hadn't signed the NDA yet? Frankly, I doubt it.

How they handle the NDA is up to them, for all we know they won't enact it even if people talk about bugs they encountered, but then why have the NDA in the first place? No need to try and find every loophole, especially when the NDA isn't viewable to anyone who didn't get in the closed beta in the first place.

Best to be safe and not tell people in public, or message guild wars 2 on facebook "thanks for the beta invite".
    Last edited by djacob; 19-03-2012 at 03:15.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Unless we signed a NDA by signing up for the beta. Then it doesn't need to be retroactive.
    I'm sure you have to have the option to read the terms of the NDA for it to be binding upon your agreement, so this seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by djacob View Post
    I don't know, if anet notices someone talking about how they got an invite five minutes after they sent it out, and that the person signed it after five minutes and thirty seconds, would anet care that they hadn't signed the NDA yet? Frankly, I doubt it.
    The NDA is a legally binding document. It gives Anet and you certain rights and requires certain behaviors by both parties. Practically speaking, if you get kicked from the beta for violating the NDA even though you have not, by the time you could apply for legal recourse the beta would be long over, so you are correct in the actual result, but that doesn't mean that Anet can just do what ever they want in the name of the NDA.

How they handle the NDA is up to them, for all we know they won't enact it even if people talk about bugs they encountered, but then why have the NDA in the first place? No need to try and find every loophole, especially when the NDA isn't viewable to anyone who didn't get in the closed beta in the first place.

Best to be safe and not tell people in public, or message guild wars 2 on facebook "thanks for the beta invite".
    I agree, I only intended the above to be musings.

Didn't Martin say that they were looking for the people who posted leaked screenshots of the first press beta before Monday?

I'm pretty sure they're going to enforce the NDA to the best of their ability.

But I'm so excited for more GW2 news! Can't wait to see what the press will say about any new content!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Still no invite. Guess its game over. T_T

Last edited by CHIPS; 20-03-2012 at 06:52.

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

[Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    Still no invite. Guess its game over. T_T
    Same... 10chars

ditto---but then again, didnt anticipate getting one, so I am not upset about it (it just means that I have a better chance at getting into one of the later ones since everyone else will be playing 'pre-purchase' beta....not that I think I will get into the few slots remaining for that either....)...no beta for me basically means either a trial key or anet gets no money from me for gw2!

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I GOT AN INVITE!!!

To some party at the gym I go to... Why do they even have those?

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I GOT AN INVITE!!!

To some party at the gym I go to... Why do they even have those?

I honestly can't say how many times I've watched these two videos

like at least ten times each