PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points

What will happen with Guild Wars 1?

So, Guild Wars 2 is coming out soon.

It looks awesome and all that, but I don't think my computer can run it efficiently. I was thinking of staying with Guild Wars 1, beacuse it runs smootlhy enough on my machine, and after all, it's a very nice game.

But... will it stay that way? Will anyone keep playing Guild Wars 1? Will it continue to evolve?

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    What we were told many moons ago is that if people are still playing it, it will stay open. There will be the automated events, and fixes to anything super broken. But I don't think we can count on further GW:B chapters, or major skill balances that sort of thing, so it wont really evolve, but I don't think they'll let it get worse.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    ask your self this, did they close lineage when they released lineage II?
    this is the exact same thing, just because it's the first game doesn't mean they will barely do anything with it, i even think they will make some nice GW1 improvements and prof overhauls to spice things up.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    GW1 will remain open for quite a while I suspect, but I think the population will dwindle. Expect automation of events as well, so not much new free content. Still, lots to do if you have a lot left to do.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Will anyone keep playing Guild Wars 1?
    for most part i fear the worst, there may be a few left (like myself), but most who stay may be either inactive or too busy with their own stuff (maybe even with their own HoM, as some like to have 50/50 juist to show of, even without getting GW2)

we'll see what happens to the community

btw, it WAS a community question, right?

they said to keep GW going, and some time ago talked about elona new content
    but i doubt for new nice and big updates on GW after GW2 release anymore

i wont buy GW2, so maybe we bump into each other (even though i dont do much even in GW anymore, lol.... just stuff for fun, like a char which stays in lower lvl areas only.... ascalon to beacons, shing jea island and istan o_O )

so in short: they said GW stays open, but dont expect much people in it, especially after a month or 2-4, in which time most will be able to get GW2, most likely, and dont expect big updates/events anymore

I expect the game to be around indefinitely. Isn't Diablo I still being hosted by B.Net?

It will get relatively cheaper and cheaper to maintain it, and it's such an amazing game I think a lot of us will pop in from time to time to do an Urgoz run or something. Just for old times' sake.

there will be people who for whatever reason do not LIKE gw2
    as well as those who find their poor computers just cant hand it ---
    gw and gw2 are 2 TOTALLY different games with only a few common things.

I foresee that gw will be around for quite some time--not as busy as it has been, but still people playing it (why not I PAID for it--I will play it until-------), since there is no loss of anything for not playing for a while I see people coming back for reasons of their own (nostalgia, holidays, etc).

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Everyone will leave for gw2, and once we're settled in, we'll give away all our gold and piles of ectos and zkeys to those left behind. Then those people will finally buy their fow armors and such, realize there's nothing else to play for, and then quit and move to gw2.

It's going to be hilarious giving some random gw pver 4000 ecto. Maybe I'll make them pve for me and get 50/50 hom first.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Me! Me! Me! If I got 3 ectos, that would be the most I've had since I started a couple months after the game was released. Um, finished Wik on one toon, never started WoC. Got lots of elite stuff to do. My problem will be trying to decide which to play, and naturally, both curiosity and not wanting to get left behind other guildies, GW2 will probably win.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    we'll give away all our gold and piles of ectos and zkeys to those left behind.
    I already did. I have nothing left of value on my account, aside for the actual accomplishments.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about