http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discu...mment_22442374

Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    that's funny because I called this exact response

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discu...mment_22442374
    you asked for it

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Aretelio View Post
    Yeah, that entire article is about as silly as the clown who tried to drag the FTC into it.

One something is created, that does not inherently mean its immutable. Hell, even things IN PRINT have been changed. The issue is not the change itself, but that the decision to change content is made by that content's creator, not irate fans.

So they announced a free DLC to expand on the ending. It won't change it but the attempt is to make your decisions have an actual impact by showing the aftermath.

Well, that is something at least. I still think the whole way they ended the game was a big cop out.

Spoiler

But since they aren't changing the ending, I wonder if they will close all the plot holes. All the faults that people pointed out. All the things that didn't make sense. It will be hard to correct all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    Well, that is something at least. I still think the whole way they ended the game was a big cop out.

Spoiler

But since they aren't changing the ending, I wonder if they will close all the plot holes. All the faults that people pointed out. All the things that didn't make sense. It will be hard to correct all that.
    What I still don't understand is what made them go with this piece of **** ending in the first place. Even when you accept the horrible way they chose to go, it still is very poorly executed. It won't fix the errors (I can't even call them plot holes) because that would involve changing the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut FAQ
    Q: Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

A: No. BioWare strongly believes in the teamís artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.
    I keep hearing this artistic vision bs. But I honestly can't imagine the devs being proud of the ending they've put in the game. When did artistic become another word for bad? Did they even test it in focus or research groups?

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    artistic, as in artistically flawed i assume.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

I've heard a few people say the ending wasn't bad. But like all things, the vocal ones are the ones that disprove. I don't understand why this seems to be the unifying issue that people have with the game. It's not the 50 pieces of exclusive dlc tied to action figures or even that there are non-game things that affect the game (ios games).
    A video game is about the journey. Honestly feels like the same situation as a bunch of Twilight fans crying because they were team Jacob.
    I do relish Bioware's response. Here is some free dlc that explains the ending because you didn't get it. Paraphrasing of course.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i personally have a problem with it because it makes anything else beyond it useless, you also have no complete control over what you're doing and what you want.
    the worst part IMO is the part where you're pretty much a slo-mo burned corpse, everything beyond that "thing" just became a talk but no action place holder.
    i personally understand the ending completely but it doesn't make it any better, just throwing an explanation in the form of a DLC only makes things worse.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054