PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well major build changes should not be allowed at all inside instances... IMO.

Frankly, I'd rather pay a gold cost every time I feel like switching, than have the ever-present fear of losing my buff keeping me in the same build. Frequent swapping may get penalized with the GW2 system, but it's an instant penalty that still leaves you at 100% effectiveness afterwards, rather than a big build-up that I'm going to want to "save" forever.

I'd also rather be able to pay a large gold cost and unlock "build slots" where I can save favored trait point allocations, to swap between at will (like RIFT) anywhere except dungeons. The cost to reset a build slot (so you can change it) could be high as well. There: permanence and flexibility.
    Last edited by Skyy High; 23-03-2012 at 18:54.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I don't mind having a one-time fee to unlock the ability to have more than one build. 3 builds would be plenty.

Assuming of course that it saves traits etc, and I still can change majors and skills for free. Most of the time though, my traits will emphasize one of 3 roles within the profession, e.g. support, damage, utility, or a given profession-specific mechanic.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

An idea to make people even more of a one trick pony than they were before?
    While an incentive to keep people on a build to learn it effectively is good, I don't think this is really a positive for the gw2 system. Since the system makes pretty much any combo of skills/weapons not useless, it isn't like in gw1 where people could (and did) make builds that couldn't do anything except create a source for minions...
    I don't want to penalized in GW2 because I'm interested in being creative and trying various builds out...

I should be able to make and save as many builds as I want to bother to.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Just to clarify, the title starts with "if". I am not advocating that people should be one trick ponies, quite the opposite. I am in favor of free respecs. But "if" they decide for whatever reason to reinforce permanence, I would rather a small buff for consecutive kills without respec than a respec cost.
    == Alaris & clone ==

To me, a benefit given by staying with the same build is like a farmer's incentive plan...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    In Diablo 3 at least, your buff is useless afaik if you try to farm an area because the buff disappears also if you reset the game. So the buff also encourages you to keep playing across different areas. Pretty clever to discourage farming.

Not sure how (or if) that would work in Guild Wars 2 though.
    == Alaris & clone ==

If it reduces farming then there is a positive slant to it.