PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Too much damage

"You might find yourself finishing the dungeon naked or on gear drops that you happened to find as loot to replaced your own broken pieces"

Found this on a massively article. Apparently you can break all your armor and be unable to repair it in the field. I guess the equivalent of DPing out.

"Explorable mode, particularly, still needs some loving attention before that sort of thing will be true for all the encounters (I'm looking at you, boss-with-undodgeable-pull-of-instant-death),"

Edit: I've been looking over a lot of GW2 videos, and there is a pretty common theme of mentioning that the dungeons need tweaked, from both reviewers and even devs saying they're absurdly hard. I think it's a safe bet the instagibs will be toned down.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 15-04-2012 at 21:45.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    ppl talk about dodging while that's exactly the enemy of melee characters, when you dodge you don't attack nor does it do anything good for your "way to close" range.
    it's just horrible to play a warrior, you ether dodge and do nothing or you don't dodge and die really fast.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

The mechanic of seeing a foe telegraph his hit, giving you the window of opportunity to dodge is great in theory, but in battles with a bunch of foes (and allies) clumped together I found it impossible to have any idea when a foe was winding up. I basically had to dodge at random and hope for the best... Needless to say, I was eating dirt a lot in those situations.

1 on 1, I found the combat to be fun and rewarding as I dodged attacks because I could actually see the foe attacking...

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I had a problem with the chaotic nature of having 100 players all swarming the same objectives or bosses. It becomes hard to see the telegraphs or calculate what you need to do when there are hundreds of people zipping around. This will be reduced in the full game once people distribute into the world and across servers, so it isn't a big problem.

However, a problem will appear when there aren't 100 people to help take down some of these obscenely powerful guys. I played as a Mesmer and I was getting squished every five minutes, despite the fact that I was dodging pretty well actually. You can only dodge about two to three times before you run out of energy, and self-heals take a while to recharge. Maybe it's just a steep learning curve, I'm not sure.

I do think ANet will adjust the strength of guys a little bit. That is basically what the BWE is for after all. This is one problem I'm not too worried about, in all honesty. Either they'll fix it, or I'll adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    ppl talk about dodging while that's exactly the enemy of melee characters, when you dodge you don't attack nor does it do anything good for your "way to close" range.
    it's just horrible to play a warrior, you ether dodge and do nothing or you don't dodge and die really fast.
    Yeah... There was also the problem of either standing still and getting hit by AoE, or dodging and still getting hit by AoE since the area was gigantic.