PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

Exclamation GWOnline was in the Press Beta, ask your questions here!

So for those of you who may have missed it, GWOnline.net was in the Guild Wars 2 press beta this last weekend. After the embargo lifts later today we will start flooding you with articles and gameplay footage, it will take all week to get everything published!

Meanwhile, we are also doing a Q&A session with you our community, and this is it!

You can start asking your questions already now, and we will do our best to answer after the embargo lifts. At the end of the week we will make an article out of some of the questions and answers in this thread, so here is your chance at GWO main page fame!

[EDIT] Some things we are not allowed to talk about, so some questions will alas be left unanswered. Such questions will be answered with "No comment" so you know it is no use nagging about it.

Oh, and the people who were on our beta team this time, and thus are allowed to answer questions without breaking NDA are:
    CMEPTb, Gorani, Lady Rhonwyn, teina, Fae, satomz, Thalanor Thornhale, Alaris, Rushster and myself.
    Last edited by Lensor; 26-03-2012 at 19:32.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    InbeforeAlaris... Racial skills?

Anything on crafting? I'm not really interested in it, but I realized yesterday I know nothing about it.

As GW1 players, what are your thoughts on all that crap we heard about combat being boring?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Anything on crafting? I'm not really interested in it, but I realized yesterday I know nothing about it.
    I will answer that one right away: Rhonwyn an me tinkered around with that. We made videos on the actual crafting and experimenting for recipes and will write about that in our blogs for the main page.
    I think we both gave it a "thumbs up", despite the small problems that surfaced.

Racial skills?
    The Norn had summons, which I did not unlock in PVE - I had my own Elementalist summon which I liked and documented in an upcoming video too.

As GW1 players, what are your thoughts on all that crap we heard about combat being boring?
    That will be something worth discussing! CM has written about the subject for a blog. There is light & shadow, but I don't want to go into detail just yet.
    Last edited by Gorani; 26-03-2012 at 15:06.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]

I'm bursting to tell you, but can't right now! must-wait-for-embargo-to-left...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    I will answer that one right away: Rhonwyn an me tinkered around with that. We made videos on the actual crafting and experimenting for recipes and will write about that in our blogs for the main page.
    I think we both gave it a "thumbs up", despite the small problems that surfaced.
    Absolutely!

Edit:

Oh, what Lensor forgot to mention, there are things we're sadly not allowed to talk about. Please don't shoot the messenger!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I'm thinking of making a Wizard with Magic Missile and Arcane Torrent, do you think I should pick the 15% arcane damage rune which would also benefit Magic Missile, or just go for 175% damage on Torrent?

..oh, you meant gw2 questions, right.

What changed from last beta to now?
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    What things aren't you allowed to talk about?

You can talk about not talking about them right??

On the off-chance that that well put question goes unanswered - Did you meet 'Wikka' at the upper asuran gate in Divinity's Reach?

-Art

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post

You can talk about not talking about them right??

On the off-chance that that well put question goes unanswered - Did you meet 'Wikka' at the upper asuran gate in Divinity's Reach?

-Art
    We can't talk about things that were still very much under development. Sadly, that includes the in-game store.

But for the rest, ask away!
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I got to try some ;)

No new racial skill we haven't heard of afaik, but I only tried Charr ones. By the time I realized I could try other races' racial skills, it was too late to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post
    Actually, I didn't get the list of stuff I am not allowed to talk about. Please send that over asap.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I got to try some ;)

No new racial skill we haven't heard of afaik, but I only tried Charr ones. By the time I realized I could try other races' racial skills, it was too late to do it.
    Racial skills? Oh well, I only found out about those traits about an hour before I logged off

I think I won't do that, or you'll be hammered with PM's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Actually, I didn't get the list of stuff I am not allowed to talk about. Please send that over asap.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I think I won't do that, or you'll be hammered with PM's!
    No, I mean, I was in the press beta, and I need to know what I'm not supposed to talk about otherwise I might say something that's under NDA.

I'm not really worried though, as what I'll be saying I assume is safe.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about