Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    He's not talking about identifying, he's talking about previewing an item before equipping it. As in, to see what it looks like on your character.

Say I link [Unique Awesome Chestpiece of Asskicking], you should be able to control click on it and see what your character would look like if it had that armor on.
    The stats of the item used always get displayed (take a look at the end of the "crafting a coat & focus" video), once you hover over an item in your inventory. I have not checked if you can preview the looks too.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I must admit, I have not looked into that... I just equipped whatever dropped for me and was better than I was using at that moment

I did try out the town clothes though! And at one point even fought in them because I was just messing about in the wild
    They're just like GW1 costumes, right? Not a separate "armor" set (replacing stats)?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    They're just like GW1 costumes, right? Not a separate "armor" set (replacing stats)?
    I wouldn't know... But now that I think of it, it might even be that I had to change to my regular armour before I could actually fight... I was just running around and stumbled upon an event, so it was kind of a chaotic situation with my fingers refusing to find the right buttons, etc
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

I've seen town clothes get automatically swapped out before simply because someone took fall damage. I don't know much beyond that because they didn't try to re-equip the town clothes afterwards, but it seems they don't want you fighting in town clothes. I guess bloody laundry would be annoying.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about seeing the stats, I'm talking about playing dress up with my character before I buy an item. I want to know if you can see how it looks to your character model.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Sadly, it wasn't. I tried to swim, but as Fae said, it was blocked off. By the only invisible wall I had encountered
    Trust me you don't want to go further. Cthulhu is down there. :D

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    The mesmers of the forum are disappointed in the lack of attention paid to pretty clothes.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    Trust me you don't want to go further. Cthulhu is down there. :D
    Now you spoiled the name of the deep-sea tentacle dragon!
    I hope you're satisfied now!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    Now you spoiled the name of the deep-sea tentacle dragon!
    I hope you're satisfied now!
    His name is actually Elliot and he eats apples.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    The mesmers of the forum are disappointed in the lack of attention paid to pretty clothes.
    Hey, I'm a ranger, and a ranger doesn't care about looks... Those clothes would soon be either dirty or torn...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)