PC Gaming News
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    1) What was your favourite moment (That you can talk about) during the whole BETA weekend?
    Turning into a table...

Don't ask.

2) Were there any moments / events that you genuinley did not expect to happen while playing? If so what were they and were they enjoyable surprises?
    Two things. One, you can revive NPC's. This was a pleasant surprise (mind you, I haven't followed any of the GW2 news for almost 2 years!). This makes the world so much more alive.
    Second, you can revive "quest-important" NPC's. So, no more stupid #$#@$@#% NPC's that go running off alone, letting you fail the quest. After WoC, I had lost hope in ANet in that regard...

3) After playing the TERA beta this past weekend (No GW2 Beta key T_T), i liked the idea of dodging being assigned to the right mouse button, and default attack being on the left. After looking at the controls page on the wiki i haven't seen any controls linked to the left or right mouse button for GW2.

In the Beta were the left and right mouse buttons used for anything such as the camera movement (Which needed the right mouse button to be held down to move in GW1 and the interactions that came with the LMB in GW1 are now apparently done via the F key instead)? or is the camera linked behind your character all the time? and if not was it possible to map actions such as dodge and skill 1 to the mouse buttons?

The camera worked the same as in GW1. So, you can turn around your character with the camera. The F key is for selecting, space is for jumping (all default settings). And this did cause some confusion at the start, as I'd target the nearest foe (I had that one bound to the C-button...) and I'd press space. And jumped instead of attacked I didn't look beyond that in the binding controls screen.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    What was your favourite moment

Interrupting a mage casting some sort of blue meteor shower using a rifle shot to the face!

It's not easy to pull off, but sooooo satisfying.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Others have already answered most of these, so I'll just toss in my 2 copper:

Quote Originally Posted by Qanar View Post
    What is your feel on the particle effect overload as TB puts it.
    I agree with others, I'd like to be able to tone it down. It was difficult to keep track of targets and friendlies in all the fireworks, especially in large events. I think most effects look cool in a solo or small group settings though. Maybe fx scaling.

How hard/chaotic is an event if 1/5/10/20/50 people are in it.
    Depends on the area of the event. If everyone's crammed into a small area, it can get very chaotic. I know some will disagree with me, but when you pack 20+ players with all the scaled mobs in a small area, coordination goes out the window and it's just kill as fast as you can. Difficulty depends on the mobs. For your run-of-the-mill explorable events, not too terribly hard.

How does the underwater movement work? Is there plenty of water to swim around or does it feel really defined?
    Water movement works pretty much like other 3D movements in other games with flights and swimming. It was very intuitive if you've played any other games with flights and swimming. The bodies of water I've came across have been small (swamps, small lakes).

Most importantly... how easy were you sucked into it? Did you start playing in the morning and then suddenly went "oh look, it's dark"?
    Well, for me at least I didn't get immersed in it as much as I would like, since it was work-play. I had to occasionally break my game play to remember to record a video, to take notes, to unlock specific weapons, or to chat with other mods. I did enjoy WvW more than I thought though. I had planned to hit WvW only during the presentation timeslots, but I found I went back there more often than I expected.

-T

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by teina View Post
    Well, for me at least I didn't get immersed in it as much as I would like, since it was work-play. I had to occasionally break my game play to remember to record a video, to take notes, to unlock specific weapons, or to chat with other mods.
    That could be the reason why I didn't give the game a 10/10, I was not in a playful mindset but rather I had a list of things to check out that I had limited time to get through. In particular, I kinda panicked that I had to find the dungeon and level up to 30 or 35 even to give that a whirl before the end of the weekend, normally I would just play around and join the dungeon where I am good and ready.

Immersion would be easier if this wasn't work-play.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    If I spam inflammatory comments upon GWO members, will that guarantee my entrance into the next beta?

Probably depends on who you direct your comments toward. Could try with me, since I've been spending most of my posts on expressing my dissatisfaction with various GW2 features.

I have a question, maybe this is already known info but I haven't seen anything about it: Does level scaling in PvE affect the points you put in your trait lines and available traits? As in, if you're level 30 and have 20 trait points, and then you go into a lvl 15 area, does the game disable 15 of your trait points? I presume level-scaling only affects health and major attributes, but thought I'd ask to see if anybody verified that.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I thought up two really important questions:
    1- Is there a /vomit or some other way to barf?
    2- Is the /breath emote back?

Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post

Question does not compute! Does not compute! Does not....@#$^%$&....boom!

I liked all of it--apart from the player mob particle light shows.

A few random examples though, I loved farming Moa birds with my Necromancer (a video will be uploaded sometime on that). I also experimented with running in the game with my level 7 Necromancer--keep up the minions behind you and Death Shroud like a perma sin! It is actually pretty easy--down side though is once I reached level 20-25 territory I was naked, had no money, and could not way point back to lower areas . I did level three levels by discovering stuff though--this is NOT the optimal way of doing things, and besides the exploration part of it, isn't worth it.

A thing on way points, they are more expensive the further away they are. Once you loose all your money re-rezzing you zone to the closest way point without charge; in my case, many times.

I did not expect dynamic events to be as addicting as they were. After one ended I went looking for another.

I was only able to bind dodge during beta to the keyboard; mouse isn't an option right now.
    Awesome! Thanks CMEPTb, and that's one thing i noticed in Total Biscuits Thief video, he mentioned how he loved being drawn into the Dynamic events and ending up being carried away searching for more after each had finished or wanting to see what happened next in the chain's story, glad to see others saying the same thing!

And the farming is pretty interesting too, i hadn't actually considered needing to farm in GW2 due to all the various ways to make money, so that was an interesting read =D

And i see about the mouse, that's fine though i can find another key to bind dodge to, just thought it might have been easier on a mouse button xD

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    @Tsukasa:

I don't remember the guardian sword skills, sorry.

- snip -
    No worries Alaris, thank you anyway! And my friend sends on his thanks for the Mesmer answers =)

Quote Originally Posted by teina View Post
    I tackled the Guardian for the GWO crew, so I'll try to answer those questions in my write-up (Real Soon Now [tm]). If I recall, I recorded videos of the 1-H sword chain (as well as others) with skill descriptions, so I'll make sure those get uploaded.

(And sorry about the delay in the Guardian write-up, got that whole job thing going on during the week )

-T
    Thanks alot Teina! i look forward to all those videos and the write up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    1) What was your favourite moment (That you can talk about) during the whole BETA weekend?
    Turning into a table...

Don't ask.

3) After playing the TERA beta this past weekend (No GW2 Beta key T_T), i liked the idea of dodging being assigned to the right mouse button, and default attack being on the left. After looking at the controls page on the wiki i haven't seen any controls linked to the left or right mouse button for GW2.

In the Beta were the left and right mouse buttons used for anything such as the camera movement (Which needed the right mouse button to be held down to move in GW1 and the interactions that came with the LMB in GW1 are now apparently done via the F key instead)? or is the camera linked behind your character all the time? and if not was it possible to map actions such as dodge and skill 1 to the mouse buttons?

The camera worked the same as in GW1. So, you can turn around your character with the camera. The F key is for selecting, space is for jumping (all default settings). And this did cause some confusion at the start, as I'd target the nearest foe (I had that one bound to the C-button...) and I'd press space. And jumped instead of attacked I didn't look beyond that in the binding controls screen.
    But....but.....you can't make a statement about being turned into a table and not follow up on it!

Thanks for the info about Key bindings and the camera options, in most of the video's i saw the camera mostly behind the player no matter which way they turned, so wasn't sure if the mouse was still used to rotate the camera or if it was permanently behind the player until pressing a special button "Released it" as such. It's good to know how it works now so thanks for that info!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    What was your favourite moment

Interrupting a mage casting some sort of blue meteor shower using a rifle shot to the face!

It's not easy to pull off, but sooooo satisfying.
    That sounds just awesome xD

Thanks for the responses guys!

- Tsukasa

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    If I spam inflammatory comments upon GWO members, will that guarantee my entrance into the next beta?
    Definitely not - I've been doing that for years, and I didn't get to play.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I thought up two really important questions:
    1- Is there a /vomit or some other way to barf?
    2- Is the /breath emote back?
    I believe emotes are still work in progress. There are some emotes that I would be surprised if they didn't include, that weren't in beta. I personally didn't try /vomit or /breath (did anyone?), but I did try jumping while sleeping and sitting though. I wish I had the video recording on when, while waiting for the finale, a bunch of people sitting and lying down started jumping. It's like watching popcorn pop. I really hope they don't consider that a bug and "fix" it.

-T