Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I guess the embargo is lifted then.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I've read and heard about the complaints of Beefjack from other beta-players as well.. Too much spamming in combat, too much chaos, no thought etc..

While others comment on the combat system as being positive. Saying it does require thought, especially on higher level combat. That working as a team is necessary, etc.

So much conflicting information all the time.

One thing they all agree on though is that the world is beautiful and immersive. Thats good.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I guess I'll publish the article on "rofltations" first then.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohjo View Post
    I've read and heard about the complaints of Beefjack from other beta-players as well.. Too much spamming in combat, too much chaos, no thought etc..

While others comment on the combat system as being positive. Saying it does require thought, especially on higher level combat. That working as a team is necessary, etc.

So much conflicting information all the time.

One thing they all agree on though is that the world is beautiful and immersive. Thats good.
    I don't agree with this remark that the game doesn't encourage real partying. Several times, I was simply helping people (actually sticking my nose in where it didn't belong ) and we ended up partying up for the rest of the quest. And finally ended up first on a moa pet hunt and then a bear pet hunt.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Having played WoW where ad-hoc partying was discouraged (and you actually had to party to share loot and XP), I really prefer the new system where you can party ad-hoc. You see people, you are glad that they are there helping out, and you naturally stick around together helping out each other.

I'm sure over time the combo system would boost that even more, but just reviving them and taking down foes together is plenty of motivation to group up. I found myself grouping a lot more in persistent areas than I ever did in WoW.

Do those become lasting relationships? Well, I was never the type to care for that, so I am the wrong person to ask.
    == Alaris & clone ==

GWOnline.Net Member
    Well they do say it was to be expected from a beta with people running around clueless and spamming stuff without any actual planning.
    This will also happen when the game is released, but after 30 levels people WILL be more organised to tackle the harder stuff with some team effort.
    I didn't get in this time, but I doubt I would have played it any other way :)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Ad-hoc partying is something I did a lot (you even get an achievement title for that, as well as reviving fallen allies, both players & npcs)
    Sometime you sticked together for quite some time, as the event chain progresses. Most people left after the chain reached its end though, but you parted from PUGs too in GW1 when the mission was over.
    The GWO Team actually stumbled upon each other on several occasions, like when I was defending a fort against attacking Sons of Svanir, killed of the last few attackers and got to the courtyard to revive players & NPCs, Fae came to the fort "by accident" and revived me when got finally overwhelmed before being able to rezz enough allies.

PS: I also made the experience that some small events you could trigger are better done with two or three people than alone. The reason for that was the fact that "natural inhabitants" re spawned too fast, so you got overwhelmed when fighting "small bosses" (e.g. in a cave north of the passage from the Shiverpeaks to the Charr lands, when I tried to get the skill quest there). The other incident was a Norn guy called Lunt in a Dredge mine, who charged the foes which leaves you with the impossible choice to either revive him behind enemy lines or protect a fire he has been building. The last quest I did with Rhonwyn & Fae in a intense, but successful fight.
    Last edited by Gorani; 26-03-2012 at 17:12.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Or when I was on my way to Lornar's Pass and I happened to see a familiar face in those cold, cold mountains!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Or when I was on my way to Lornar's Pass and I happened to see a familiar face in those cold, cold mountains!
    Like I said...we met quite a lot (well except Satomz, who I never saw)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."