Hybrid View

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

Playing Healer in a Healer-Less Game

You all heard ArenaNet saying that they nuked the trinity. No more tanking, no more dedicated healer… I guess they needed to keep the nuker so they could nuke the trinity. Well, what of those who like me loved to play healer? So I made as best as I could a dedicated healer, and gave [...]

(Feature by Alaris)
    More...
    Last edited by Lensor; 28-03-2012 at 19:12.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    What's great is that, as Alaris points out, if you find yourself in a situation where your build isn't really needed, you can switch weapon sets to a different role. The trait system doesn't give any HUGE bonuses so that switching is a big deal.

Very great read, i've always been a healer at heart and hopefully we will be able to heal just a tiny bit :)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My favorite in Guild Wars 1 was ritualist healer, especially played in PUGs. But I enjoyed the hybrid heal/nuke better than being just a healer. There may be ways to be a more full-time healer than I was, but frankly, I would give the hybrid gameplay a try before going for dedicated healer.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    While yes, you CAN play as a healer, no it's probably not optimal. There is no dedicated healer. Now, we just have to see how healers are treated in terms of rewards from events. Does the game recognize that people standing back keeping people's health up are contributing to the battle?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    While yes, you CAN play as a healer, no it's probably not optimal. There is no dedicated healer. Now, we just have to see how healers are treated in terms of rewards from events. Does the game recognize that people standing back keeping people's health up are contributing to the battle?
    When I was unlocking my Water Magic skills and I participated actively in an event I always got gold rewards, although I probably killed fewer foes or deal less damage than when i was attuned to Fire Magic
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Support/Hybrid is my favorite, so yay RD!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Ah, I didn't check that.

Although I think it'd be hard to play as healer and not contribute directly. Your main attack would still be active (or at least, it should), and between heals you don't want to be wasting that time doing nothing!
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensor View Post
    You all heard ArenaNet saying that they nuked the trinity. No more tanking, no more dedicated healer… I guess they needed to keep the nuker so they could nuke the trinity. Well, what of those who like me loved to play healer? So I made as best as I could a dedicated healer, and gave [...]

(Feature by Alaris)
    More...
    Healers will be needed, if anything, to blame for a party's defeat.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Hey Alaris, did you notice the trait "Elixir Infused Bombs" in the explosives trait line? I was wondering how much that healed. I figure it could make someone a real heal spammer, but they probably aren't huge heals. Still, you'd be doing a good amount of damage at the same time. That plus the elixir gun and the engineer is looking like a good choice for people who like healers.

The nice thing about both options (elixir gun/elixir infused bombs) is that you'll always have skills that deal damage, and will be able to swap out to a weapon set specifically for damage if you find yourself lacking in that department. I must say that I do like the idea of hybrids, as long as a healer hybrid isn't a requirement for a dungeon group, I'm happy with the idea.
    Last edited by djacob; 29-03-2012 at 03:37.