PC Gaming News

Well this is interesting

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...G68Mws4Kg.cspx

Staged abduction at youth group meeting now under investigation

The Dauphin County District Attorney's Office is stepping in to investigate a staged abduction that shook up a church youth group. It happened in Lower Swatara Township with masked men storming into a class.

The leaders of the Glad Tidings Assembly of God say the abduction was staged to teach the young people about religious persecution. But a seventh grade girl was so traumatized; her mother went to the police. Now, the Dauphin County District Attorney has joined the investigation.

According to reports, a group of masked men stormed the youth group meeting, ordered a dozen students to the ground, bound and blindfolded them, drove them a short distance before ending the acting.

A youth group leader said the exercise was never meant to horrify the youth. The pastor says he will continue to do this, because the lesson is too important. But he will notify parents first.
    Ehrm.... when you stage an abduction.... you usually don't actually, bind, blindfold and abduct people while threatening them with assault rifles, throw them in a car, drive them a short distance and toss them in a basement. Then it becomes a real abduction, not a staged one.

Holy cr@p, and this pastor says he will continue to do these "staged abductions" because he feels it is an important lesson.

Not mentioned in the article, is that apparently one of the morons involved in "staging" the abduction was an off-duty policeman, who was wearing a real gun (but not loaded) at the time. When I read this, I can't help but think in how many ways this abduction could have gone even more wrong. Someone could have actually gotten killed. These children got their heads covered with pillows, and some of them might have believed they were going to die. So one of them, or perhaps a witness on the street, could have attacked and killed one of the abductors.

In fact, I would not be surprised if one of the victims would have instantly strangled the pastor to death on the spot after finding out it wasn't real. Spoiler: Not unlike the ending to the movie catacombs. What were these people thinking?!
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 31-03-2012 at 13:50.

Amazing that whoever organized this wasn't severely punched in the face after telling people it was staged. Maybe he was still holding an assault rifle...

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    It is unbelievable that people keep finding new ways to be total idiots. And even more stunning when they do it in the name of god.

And this was supposed to be a lesson of what, exactly? To distrust your own leaders??

They're doing it wrong.

I'm guessing he wanted them to know what it might feel like to be a Christian in a country hostile toward it? On one hand, I don't think a lot of us get the fact that Christians in those countries are being killed, horribly mistreated or legislated against (i.e., Bibles are illegal) on a daily basis. We have it so easy in many Western countries, where all we usually face is social pressure. This was going waaaay too far, though, and not thinking of the implications of their actions.

In other news, Marijuana Delivery Man Attacked By Ninjas.
    Last edited by Zalis; 31-03-2012 at 15:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    They're doing it wrong.

I'm guessing he wanted them to know what it might feel like to be a Christian in a country hostile toward it? On one hand, I don't think a lot of us get the fact that Christians in those countries are being killed, horribly mistreated or legislated against (i.e., Bibles are illegal) on a daily basis. We have it so easy in many Western countries, where all we usually face is social pressure.

This was going waaaay too far, though.
    Nah he wanted them to know what it's like not being Christian in a Christian society.

Heyoooo

This is also a nice one: http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...7MTg1JiLA.cspx

Cop has sex on the job, broadcasts for all to hear

Here is some advice from Memphis, Tenn., Sergeant Karen Rudolph that might have saved a police officer accused of having sex in his squad car a bit of trouble:

"Anytime you communicate via a handheld or console microphone you want to remain professional."

That's what Rudolph told MyFox Memphis when asked about officer Dion Anthony, who is accused of broadcasting his on-duty sexual encounter over his police radio.

According to the station, not only could all on-duty officers hear what Anthony was allegedly doing, but so could anyone with a police scanner.

Anthony has been suspended and the audio recording has not been released.

ABC 24 in Memphis got reaction to the burgeoning scandal from local residents.

"I guess that's what they call working overtime,” quipped resident Denett Davis.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Lulz, the funny **** that happens in this world...

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    It is unbelievable that people keep finding new ways to be total idiots. And even more stunning how often they do it in the name of god.
    Fixed that for you.