PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arneh the Difficult

I have been vanquishing Elona for the last few weeks and so far it has been easy runnings. No area really had me stomped or took me longer then it took me to find and kill all the mobs. Offcourse there have been a few setbacks but nothing to the scale of /resign.

Untill yesterday. I kept dieing trying to kill a boss in Joko's Domain called Arneh the Vigorous. The problem with him is that he is an undead cavalier (so We Shall Return! and Signet of Return) grouped with a bunch of Acolyte's (Renew Life).

I tried luring him to the sands so I could kill him in wurms to no avail. I switched out a few key heroes trying searing flames or barrage. To no avail...

Any hints or tricks on how to take him?

Apply high AoE damage and make sure to interrupt the resurrections. You could try Frozen Soil, as well.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Expect a lot of frustration, and bring a lot of DP removers...

I'd first go for him. Try to get an army of minions or even spirits. Try to lure the group apart, if you can kill a foe and he disappears before the Cavaliers or Acolytes manage to res, they're one down.

The last time I flagged two of my heroes a bit back and kept them in wurm form (simply disable that skill). And I kept luring the group towards the range of those two heroes. Ignore the Acolytes and focus on the Cavaliers. They have 2 resses...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

It's been a pretty long time since I've vanqed NF so I can't give specifics, but I have 3 legendary vanquishers. I remember the desolation being super hard my first time. The next two times I took 4 characters with smiting skills and the dwarven holy damage skill on my warrior, and it really ripped through the undead. Not necessarily pure smite, but several characters doing double damage every now and then. It made it so easy I was actually disappointed because I was looking forward to a challenge. I didn't even bother stopping the rezzes.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    It's been a pretty long time since I've vanqed NF so I can't give specifics, but I have 3 legendary vanquishers. I remember the desolation being super hard my first time. The next two times I took 4 characters with smiting skills and the dwarven holy damage skill on my warrior, and it really ripped through the undead. Not necessarily pure smite, but several characters doing double damage every now and then. It made it so easy I was actually disappointed because I was looking forward to a challenge. I didn't even bother stopping the rezzes.
    Hm, some smiting skills can be handy, I agree.

Problem with that group Qanar is talking about, it can contain 3 or 4 cavaliers and 2 or 3 acolytes. Having 4 double ressers (instant even) and 3 slower ones can be annoying to say the least...

And if the dervish types start hacking at your casters it can go fast. And if you return to the place and find that all the foes you had managed to get down have been returned to a semi-living state...
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i might have a nasty trick for this kind of situation, take a fire/earth ele and have the ele take meteor shower, unsteady ground and meteor.
    also take ebon vanguard assassin support and arcane echo, the assassin can interrupt and keeps them busy for a while. ^_^

do know that this trick only works when you lure them together, when they keep gaps in it the trick just doesn't work well.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Bring Frozen Soil. That should prevent any res. And bring some holy damage skills. The deal double damage against the undead.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    Bring Frozen Soil. That should prevent any res. And bring some holy damage skills. The deal double damage against the undead.
    I tried that once... But it didn't last past the first assault, as the dervishes in the team either got it down way too fast, or when I planted it further back, the cavaliers would just stand just out of range and still managed to fast-res their dead undead comrades.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Just bring FZ and a bunch of AoE. Pull all of the mofos to an edge and nuke them to hell. Simply gotta micro some Aoe crap to hit all at the same time to kill a bunch of them. If only 1 or 2 of the paragons survive it's no problem at all. He's annoying but by far not the biggest pain in the *** in that area. That has to be reserved for the place where you have to know you need to use the wurm to knock over a pillar to be able to vanquish fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    That has to be reserved for the place where you have to know you need to use the wurm to knock over a pillar to be able to vanquish fully.
    Oh yeah in Sulfurous Wastes... I forgot about that and had to sacrifice my heroes to get minions that I then lured to the pillar to be able to smash it!