PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

[Dii]
    ^ Pretty much as already said above. 5 groups of 8 players will easily outscore a zerg of 40 people simply by the virtue of being more maneuverable and being able to cap more places simultaneously. There will be times to form very large groups to assault the larger keeps but after the mob should split up in order to cover more ground.

There is a balance between solo and zerging/mobbing. Hitting this balance point allows most efficient use of available players, this will decide many WvW matches imo.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    You can make a keep a lot easier to take by cutting off it's supplies.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Zekiho View Post
    Can you post this video? - Would really like to see it!
    No you really wouldn't. It was like 40 minutes of the guy running around staring at scenery. I don't have a link, I just stumbled upon it one day.

MikeB of Gamebreaker did a tour of the borderlands and the eternal battlegrounds

And a WvWvW fighting vid

And Hoelbrak, Black Citadel and Divinity's Reach

Quote Originally Posted by volcomboud View Post
    Hey there ! I am worried about WvWvW mechanic. Referring to world of warcraft when you are entering a big battleground such as Islle of Conquest or Alterac valley, it most of the time end up fighting in 10 vs 1. Not that I am complaining because I used to enjoy the game before the panda issue but still 400 pvper mmo sound like a huge ganking/zergling bg. Any1 who had access to beta can confirm I am wrong? I am really anticipating

FYi I am really anticipating GW2 because of the pvp looking awesome.
    The difference really is that you're thinking too small. Alterac may be big in WoW, but it's peanuts compared to WvW. This is what allows small groups to circumvent giant zergs and to outscore them.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I tried to join a battlefield in WoW once. After 30 min in queue, I got bored and forgot to try again some other time.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Skyy High View Post
    The difference really is that you're thinking too small. Alterac may be big in WoW, but it's peanuts compared to WvW. This is what allows small groups to circumvent giant zergs and to outscore them.
    i was under the impression that.200 vs 200 or whatever the number was for wvwvw,thats all you would ever find is giant zergs

people actually like.small scale/solo pvp in wvwvw?

cuz i mean,me personally.ive always been the solo pvper,never been a big fan of being a part of the blob zerg

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice View Post
    people actually like.small scale/solo pvp in wvwvw?
    I do. That said, it was totally ineffective and basically pointless in WvWvW. I could see it working in groups of 3-4, taking small stuff (supply depots), but I know for a fact it can't work with two people and one (lowbie) couldn't even handle two regular mobs every time.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points6 months registered

so pretty much

for running around solo ganking people.its best to stick with the structured pvp

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Hard to say.

Structured PvP to me functions more like the AB of GW 1. You cap points until someone gets to 500. You can run around and cap alone (and I did this a lot), so it is entirely possible to solo gank someone. However, the maps are much smaller, so I don't know if "gank" is really the right word because, at best, it will be a 1v1 match. But because the maps are small, it could easily turn into something bigger.

WvWvW is where you could really gank someone, especially since lowbies can join the match - while they'll be boosted in HP and whatever, they're still a lot weaker than higher-leveled players. However, the WvWvW maps are MASSIVE and there are four of them (one for each world + the "Eternal Battleground." I think scrubs like me running around alone are the minority, so you may never run into another player.