PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Unfortunately, for the last BWE in particular, WvWvW has turned into a zergfest. Except for camps, the defenses of a tower or keep are enough to keep a small force out long enough for the zerg to get there. Also, if a keep has a handful of decent defenders, chances are good you're not getting in without a zerg. I'm sure that won't be the case all the time but it's definitely an easy way to gain control of the majority, if not the entirety, of a map.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    Unfortunately, for the last BWE in particular, WvWvW has turned into a zergfest. Except for camps, the defenses of a tower or keep are enough to keep a small force out long enough for the zerg to get there. Also, if a keep has a handful of decent defenders, chances are good you're not getting in without a zerg. I'm sure that won't be the case all the time but it's definitely an easy way to gain control of the majority, if not the entirety, of a map.
    Seems reasonable. You're not going to get players evenly dispersed across the map because it's not efficient. A solid core.... uh, battalion -- shall we call it -- takes well defended points and ... QRFs scout, raid and hold points.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    I think a lot of the problem is that there's no organisation in any of the servers. As such, Zerg groups are very effective, so long as your group is bigger than the other side's group.

Most of the time on my server, no one seemed to figure that we needed to liberate some supply camps and get siege to take towers quickly.

I mean, 20+ vs 10 defenders, surely we'd have taken the tower before the Zerg group could have reached us... Especially if we gathered some supplies like we were suppose to. Once we have that initial tower, it should have been just a matter of attrition and guerrilla strikes at other supply camps.

The problem with Zerg is always that it reacts very slowly to large numbers of simultaneous attacks on multiple fronts. Setup some ambushes at some of these points and quickly you bring the Zerg to heel.

But then that's applying Competitive PVP expectations on a WvWvW game. Still... it'll be nice once we can get some full sized guilds doing WvWvW runs.

My world (Gandara) had some decent organisation at times, but when the main leaders weren't playing we lost pretty quickly. It seemed both Augury Rock and Fort Ranik were mostly fighting us (they both had [FR] as tag for some reason as well, kept thinking I was fighting france)

One time I held a keep with about 8 others against a pretty huge force (from the wall it looked like 30-40, they had a catapult, ballista and some arrow carts), took them quite some time to take it (enough time for three dolyaks to pass supply route in front of the gates). I built an arrowcart a little back on the walls and got loads of kills, plus lots of "defend the fort - succeeded" with gold contribution (every 5 minutes or so).
    Last edited by Ringsgold; 18-06-2012 at 10:47.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Oh, you were on Gandara too? I was playing most of Saturday and Sunday on our Borderlands. We did occasionally have some great organisation by squad leaders and had the whole map for some time on Saturday (I think). Had some nice defending with arrow carts and ballistas. Sunday they both did attack us on multiple fronts simultaneously and tried to steal our orb (though we had all the keeps so I don't know where they tried to take it).

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I tried to join a battlefield in WoW once. After 30 min in queue, I got bored and forgot to try again some other time.
    You're supposed to queue, then head to the water and grind your fishing skill while you wait.

I wish I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    You're supposed to queue, then head to the water and grind your fishing skill while you wait.

I wish I was joking.
    Small wonder that a lot of people get tired of waiting and just set up a bot to farm honor instead...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I've done my share of waiting for JQ and FA. I like that GW2 fixes that too.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I've done my share of waiting for JQ and FA. I like that GW2 fixes that too.
    GW1: RA, HA, TA (not anymore), GvG, AB, JQ, FA, CA, CB/Snowball/Dragon arena (sometimes), did I forget anything? Oh yeah HB but they closed that.

GW2: WvW or Conquest

Good fix at least give us a CTF mode.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Good fix
    1) I meant the wait times. If you reply, at least reply to the actual comment.

2) Most old styles are still here:

Conquest is a mix of AB, RA, TA,
    WvW is a mix of AB, JQ, FA,

Purists might argue that GvG and HA are out.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about