PC Gaming News

Beyond the Beyond: The live team, GW2 and the 7th Anniversary

So, i have been keeping an eye on most of the wiki pages and websites looking for any hints of what might come now that Winds of Change is over, the live team had mentioned before that the Elona chapter of GW:Beyond had been written but they didn't have the resources to work on it.

I took this to mean that besides fun content like April fools and such, that they were already working on another chapter instead (I expected ascalon and Ebonhawke personally.)

Taking a look at John Stumme's wiki page today seems to show that there might not be anything major content wise until after GW2 has been released.

Random Thoughts:

Hey all, I wanted to share some exciting news with everyone. As I’m sure you guys are all aware, we here at ArenaNet have really been ramping up on Guild Wars 2 in anticipation of our release this year. In order to ensure that we are putting out the best possible game, we here at the studio are going all hands on deck - this means that the Live Team will be shifting its focus to support the GW2 team. We’re going to be pretty busy, but we will still support the live game with balance updates and bug fixes – there’s also something special planned for our 7th Anniversary. I hope you’re all excited for it, and we’re really looking forward to seeing you all in GW2!
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:John_Stumme

So the live team has something special planned for the 7th Anniversary, but beyond balance updates it doesnt look like there will be anymore Beyond content until after GW2's launch (Unless there is a "Hearts of the north" style mini chapter for the anniversary).

So just thaught i would post this here for the people who are also curious about where GW1 is going at the moment but don't neccessarily keep up to date with the devs talk pages.

Plus anniversary news is always a good thing, especially when something special is planned!

- Tsukasa

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Thanks for sharing this :)

good catch!
    skill updates are a good thing for them to be working on seeing as the ele update was only 1/2 done, so no new 'content' doesnt sound bad if they put the efforts into things they said they were working on (rangers, and paragons and smiting monks et.al.).

for the 7th anniversary I was hoping for the end of the halloween lunatic court---since gw2 will maybe, most-likely, hopefully? be out by then, it would be nice to have closure of that. (as well as the Hom armors for keiran et.al.)

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    would be fun to see the A.R.E.N.A costume in the NCstore ^_^
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    Thanks for sharing this :)
    No problem at all, happy to help!

Quote Originally Posted by cosyfiep View Post
    good catch!
    skill updates are a good thing for them to be working on seeing as the ele update was only 1/2 done, so no new 'content' doesnt sound bad if they put the efforts into things they said they were working on (rangers, and paragons and smiting monks et.al.).

for the 7th anniversary I was hoping for the end of the halloween lunatic court---since gw2 will maybe, most-likely, hopefully? be out by then, it would be nice to have closure of that. (as well as the Hom armors for keiran et.al.)
    Thank you!

But yeah if anything this might give them more time to help balance the proffesions out, they are gonna be busy supporting the GW2 team now, but they can now focus purely on balance updates it seems until GW2 is out, at which point they might even be able to borrow some members of the GW2 team to help make the Beyond content even better.

But it seems beyond the new content for things like events (Like this april fools one we just had) there wont be anymore content that actually advances the story till GW2 is out the door, which is a shame in a way because i was really hoping for the Ascalon story and the founding of Ebonhawke to happen before GW2 launched, but if delaying it now means that they may be able to grab alot more resources in future to make it better then it's worth the wait.

Especially since i plan on being a GW player who moves over to GW2, but comes back to GW1 for events and new Beyond content

But hopefully they can get the proffesions into a "Mostly balanced" state by the time GW2 is out, then they can just focus on new story content and features.

But yeah whatever they provide us for the aniv i would be happy with, Lunatic court, Ascalon, Ebonhawke, Pie eating contest with a side of bacon, i'm sure it'll be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    would be fun to see the A.R.E.N.A costume in the NCstore ^_^
    Agree 100% with this!

Probably wont happen but i would LOVE to actually have them sell NPC Costumes for our characters.

Since there are hundreds, just make them like £1.99 each, let people dress up like Shiro or The lich and dye it whatever colour they want, Probably 0% chance of happening, but would be awesome none the less

- Tsukasa

P.S

It seems i missed the A out of Anniversary in the title =_=

Could a mod possibly add that A in for me? ><

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kamiya View Post
    Could a mod possibly add that A in for me? ><
    *Swoop*

Nice catch there! Looking forward to the barfday, it's always a fun time. Even if I have to wait 2 weeks for my presents, it's still fun going ooooooh! at new things :D
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    2 weeks, i need to wait a few months.......only knew about the game 3 months after it was released....damn dutch news, always behind the facts......
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054