PC Gaming News

Just a quick question about Dii

Shopping around for guilds before GW2 and just wondered, since Dii was originally made up of a fans of Diablo II and with Diablo III coming out before GW2, how much do you see this affecting the guild in terms of members being on / playing GW2 vs. spending time in D3?

Thanks, and sorry if this was an inappropriate place to ask the question.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It's actually kinda hard to say. I think most of us are more anxious for GW2. I don't think you'll have much to worry about though. Even if some of our current members spend more time playing D3, I think we are getting some of our older inactive members back for GW2.

The good thing is, there is probably at LEAST a month between D3 and GW2 being released, so it shouldn't be NEARLY as bad as if they were released the same day.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I can almost guarantee there will be more than a month between gw2 and d3.

As far as d3 affecting people being on and playing, expect to see no change for me. I'm completely done with gw1 and am never on, and upon d3's release I'll still not be on. lol.

On the bright side this means you shouldn't have much of a problem finding someone to play d3 with who won't pk you. (unless you play softcore like a boring lameo.)
    Last edited by shawn; 07-04-2012 at 15:51.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Do you still have to beat the game in softcore to unlock hardcore? Or did they get rid of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I was thinking about getting D3 (hey, I could probably still enter the diabloii.net forums if I could find my password and user name from 10 years past), but I will skip that one. With a few beta weekends of GW2 to keep me happy until the final release, I won't drift away to another game (still have my Skyward Sword hibernated in the 4th chapter if it gets too boring).
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    Do you still have to beat the game in softcore to unlock hardcore? Or did they get rid of that?
    Fairly sure they got rid of it, although truth be told I'll probably play through normal mode in softcore just to get the story, and maybe keep the char for a Guinea pig to test out later level builds without harsh consequences of dying.

-Tapatalk2 beta6 on Galaxy Nexus
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]