Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaii View Post
    I currently have a lvl 20 Elementalist and I love my quick/powerful burst damage when using dual daggers and fire attunement. So far I am happy with my build, however I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on skills/traits for a dual dagger PvE fire attunement build. Any suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. would be most appreciated. :-)
    Welcome to the forums Thetaii
    I have merged your request with the [Basics] thread about builds here. Just take a look at the previous post I have made this evening. It has some trait & skill slot suggestions.

Gorani
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

GW2 Elementalist - Character builds, posts & discussions

Since I'm on my phone and one of the sites is down atm, and the other doesn't seem to want to work (flash perhaps?), I'll post my current ele build (along with current traits) in plain text, then update it to the correct format when I'm at home.

I have a level 65 elementalist.

TRAITS

Fire - 20
    Earth - 10
    Arcane - 20

For my traits, I haven't bought the level 60 book yet. I'm torn between keeping arcane where it is and pumping more into earth, as to make myself such a glass cannon, or continuing to put into Arcane. It may be beneficial based upon how I play my ele.

SKILLS

I use a staff, so weapon skills are a given.

Heal - Signet of Restoration (the one that is heal when casting a spell)
    Utility 1 - Glyph of Storms
    Utility 2 - Glyph of Lesser Elementals
    Utility 3 - Glyph of Renewal (the revive one)
    Elite - Mistfire Wolf

Because the staff is mostly AoE, I wanted to give myself something for enemies to pound on, Elementals and Mistfire Wolf. Glyph of storms gives me a nice wide AoE that I can cast on he move (since you can't with meteor shower). Glyph of Renewal may get replaced by something more permanent (but be brought back when necessary...it is a beautiful skill), I'm thinking Arcane Blast, but I'm open to suggestions. My elite is currently Mistfire Wolf, but I may put in Hounds of Balthazar instead. Does anyone have both and have tried them both? How well do they compare for the same cooldown?

Overall, I'm open to suggestions, especially for things I expressed uncertainty at (traits, utility 3, and elite). But for the most part, this works wonderfully.
    Last edited by Gorani; 04-09-2012 at 07:45. Reason: HEaling Signet changed

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    Since I'm on my phone and one of the sites is down atm, and the other doesn't seem to want to work (flash perhaps?), I'll post my current ele build (along with current traits) in plain text, then update it to the correct format when I'm at home.

I have a level 65 elementalist.

TRAITS

Fire - 20
    Earth - 10
    Arcane - 20

For my traits, I haven't bought the level 60 book yet. I'm torn between keeping arcane where it is and pumping more into earth, as to make myself such a glass cannon, or continuing to put into Arcane. It may be beneficial based upon how I play my ele.

SKILLS

I use a staff, so weapon skills are a given.

Heal - Glyph of Restoration (the one that is heal when casting a spell)
    Utility 1 - Glyph of Storms
    Utility 2 - Glyph of Lesser Elementals
    Utility 3 - Glyph of Renewal (the revive one)
    Elite - Mistfire Wolf

Because the staff is mostly AoE, I wanted to give myself something for enemies to pound on, Elementals and Mistfire Wolf. Glyph of storms gives me a nice wide AoE that I can cast on he move (since you can't with meteor shower). Glyph of Renewal may get replaced by something more permanent (but be brought back when necessary...it is a beautiful skill), I'm thinking Arcane Blast, but I'm open to suggestions. My elite is currently Mistfire Wolf, but I may put in Hounds of Balthazar instead. Does anyone have both and have tried them both? How well do they compare for the same cooldown?

Overall, I'm open to suggestions, especially for things I expressed uncertainty at (traits, utility 3, and elite). But for the most part, this works wonderfully.
    I would drop Mistfire Wolf and go for Glyph of Elementals purely because you already have Glyphs in every other slot. That way you can then spec into some traits for Glyphs and get some good synergy going.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0a0a0a0g0tevf0

Here is my build via one of the sites, now that I've gotten around to it. I'm about to buy my grandmaster trait book. I'd like to max out fire, but then I'll have 20 points left. From there, I'm not sure if I want to max earth for the toughness, or split them between earth and arcane. I could even put 10 in air for the glyph recharge major trait, and then the other 10 into something else. I'm at a loss.

Redean, I did try your suggestion about dropping Mistfire Wolf for Glyph of ELementals, and I like it so far. With the glyph recharge trait, I can see how it would be very effective.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

I would have liked to add it to GWonlineTV, but that does not seem to be available at the moment. Long video, but a very good walk-through for a Dagger/Dagger Elementalist in PvE that uses Auras to create a large amount of boons.

Talking about the build starts about 10 min into the video, you can skip to that.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    I've started a weekly series on Elemental Attunement called Weekly Attunement. Basically I will be creating a new build each week. For everyone here I will also post them in this thread.
    I call this weeks build 'Auramancer' (which is very similar to the build in the video above :P )
    Link: http://bit.ly/On9hzl

If anyone tries out the build please let me know how it turns out.

I've hit level 80 and have been farming TA Explore for the sweet nightmare stuff.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...vmxx9MaVkbcokz

Weapon: Staff

30 Fire/30 Lightning/10 Arcana

Fire Trait1: 30% Chance to Cause Burning on Crit
    Fire Trait2: 20% CDR For Fire Skills
    Fire Trait3: Casting Fire Spells gives Might.

Lightning Trait1: Glyphs have 20% CDR
    Lightning Trait2: 20% More damage when foes hp is <20%
    Lightning Trait3: 3% more Crit damage on arcane spell

Arcana Trait1: 20% CDR to arcane

Weapon: Staff

Heal - Glyph of Elemental Harmony
    Utility1: Glyph of Renewal
    Utility2: Arcane Blast
    Utility3: Glyph of Lesser Elemental
    Elite: Conjure Fiery Greatsword/Glyph of Elementals (Situation dependent)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Ok, I started playing with my ele for real yesterday. Ditched the staff as I found that severely lacking and switched to daggers. They're more fun to use (more active play style) and they do more damage (win-win I'd say!)

But, after really looking at my skills, I wonder what that "Finisher" means and how to best use it.

Also, most of those builds above assume you've a lvl80 or at least a lot higher than 20 (I don't have any third-line utility skills, for instance, still need more skill points for those). So, how should I build my traits while leveling? I prefer using earth and fire as my main elements.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    But, after really looking at my skills, I wonder what that "Finisher" means and how to best use it.

Also, most of those builds above assume you've a lvl80 or at least a lot higher than 20 (I don't have any third-line utility skills, for instance, still need more skill points for those). So, how should I build my traits while leveling? I prefer using earth and fire as my main elements.
    First reads should be: How and when to attune and the second page of the Skills & Combo thread. Pretty much every [Basics] or [Guide] thread here too can give you additional information.

At early levels, I think it is a good choice to start out with at least 5 points in Earth, as it both reduces the hit damage you get and boosts your condition damage, which is a major part of Fire/Earth attacks.
    I filled Earth, Water, Air & Fire each with 5 points to get the minor adept traits and then went up to 10 in Arcana for longer boons and faster swapping of attunements. To get a 5/5/5/5/10 trait setup, you have to reach level 40, so I think you will need a few days to progress to that point.

My first Utility slot was Glyph of Storms, which is really great to mass-blind an area (under Earth attunement) or slow things down (under Water attunement). For my second slot I went with Arcane Wave, but Armor of Earth, Arcane Blast or Signet of Fire will do well too.

You know how to reach me, when you have more questions.

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    As part of my Weekly Attunement Series on Elemental Attunement, here is my newest build - Cantrip Master
    This build is in response to a few people (Gorani included) concerned about the lack of viability in non-glass cannon build. This build is a rather tanky build that uses cantrips and to a lesser extent auras to avoid and mitigate damage.
    Quickly summarised; it has 10 in Earth, 30 in Water and 30 in Arcana and use Dagger/Focus.

If anyone is looking for a tanky build I suggest you check it out and please let me know how it goes if you do try it.