Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]

Trial accounts get 3 HOM Points

People who link their GW1 trial account (never having bought the game), seem to automatically get 3 points in their HOM if they link their account to GW2. Will they really get the items if they never even paid anything for GW1?

Example: accountname Dead Pigeonfeces (sorry for the name, it's not my account :P) only played the trial and gets 3 items in GW2.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    My account doesn't have any additional points from having linked them.

I think the 'accounts linked' thing is either Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall being linked with EotN. It's been there for a while.

-Art

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Oh. But why would a Prophecies trial have those 3 points then? That person does not own any Guild Wars game. Maybe a bug?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I am not bothered by the fact (I can't remember names I had with the trial account for the Factions preview weekend & have not dug up the buddy code that came with NF). The three armour parts (boots, pants & chest) are not complete without the other three and we have no idea how those items will work anyway (e.g. do they come fitting to your current level? Can you re-spawn them once you advance in level? Can they be spawned only once per character and have to be re-speced by transmutation stones etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post
    My account doesn't have any additional points from having linked them.I think the 'accounts linked' thing is either Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall being linked with EotN. It's been there for a while.
    The account of a friend has 3 points and he has no EotN or any normal HoM worthy title. Three points are just for the fact, that you own any GW title before GW2 I guess.
    Last edited by Gorani; 14-04-2012 at 15:45.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    If you are certain that the account doesn't have access to at least one of the GW1 games and the expansion the yes I think it's worth investigating.

If they are giving out free points for 'owning' Guild Wars 2 then everyone should get access to those points.

-Art

EDIT: Gorani is quite correct. It seems any Guild Wars 1 (And possibly 2) account now gets 'linked account' points. I entered the friends I started playing with names' and they now have points despite only owning Prophecies and not playing for 4 years.

This wasn't the case before - they simply didn't appear in the HoM.
    Last edited by Art; 14-04-2012 at 15:54.

Achievements:
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    I am absolutely sure yes. I don't really care for the three armor pieces, but I think it's unfair to those who actually paid and worked for a few points, just before GW2 got released. I'm sure there are those who just bought the games and finished the campaigns. Those who paid nothing should either not be given those points, or everyone should get the Heritage set.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Gorani is right. If you go to the HoM calculator in demo mode, it starts with 3 points.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I feel like this doesn't matter...at all. It's not a complete armor set, to my knowledge it doesn't provide any advantage over those who actually bought the game (since, if I follow the logic here, they'll get those points as freebies, too), and three points is completely trivial for anyone who played the game for over a week.

Think about it...if you do five things in Guild Wars, ranging from just beating the campaigns, to doing an elite area, to clicking something 10,000 times, you're already at eight points. Getting three points for showing enough interest in the game to get the demo might just get a few more people thinking, "well, I already have most of that armor set...maybe I'll just pick up the trilogy on sale somewhere and see if I can get that completed..."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    /third Gorani, everyone gets these first 3 points for activating the HoM.

Wiki
    3 points — Accounts linked.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    "well, I already have most of that armor set...maybe I'll just pick up the trilogy on sale somewhere and see if I can get that completed..."
    Very good point!

I'm just huffing and hawing to get an extra three points cause I'm lazy

-Art