PC Gaming News

Thread: Skills, weapons

GWOnline.Net Member

Question Skills, weapons

Hey I have 2 questions!

Ive seen 5 skills for each weapon ( the first 5), I know u can combine them by switching them! Will there be more than 5 skills for each wep? Will u can change them/buy them ? (Im not talking about 6-10th skill)

In Gw2 beta theres like usual weps, normal swords n stuff, but will there be big choice of weapons in Gw2 ?

Ty ^^ !

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Assst View Post
    Ive seen 5 skills for each weapon ( the first 5), I know u can combine them by switching them! Will there be more than 5 skills for each wep? Will u can change them/buy them ? (Im not talking about 6-10th skill)

In Gw2 beta theres like usual weps, normal swords n stuff, but will there be big choice of weapons in Gw2 ? !
    Two handed weapons => skill bar 1-5
    Main hand weapon => skill bar 1-3 + Off hand weapon => skill bar 4+5

A Sword will remain a sword, but the skills will be different ones for each profession. E.g.:While the Guardian wielding a sword has "Sword of Wrath" as his #1 skill, a Warrior has Sever Artery - Gash - Final Thrust as an attack chain skill. Both could pick up the same sword, if it drops as loot from a defeated foe.
    Some professions can change skills on weapons, like the Elementalist, who's #1 staff skill is Fireball or Water Blast, depending on whether he is attuned to Fire or Water Magic.

Every weapon skill has to be unlocked by use (although correctly it would mean my XP gain) from skill 1 to skill 5. You can not buy them. Slot skills are bought with skill points you must earn at challenges.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    To add to Gorani's post:

There will be a lot of weapon skins of course, but that changes only the cosmetics. There will also be weapon statistics, but afaik weapons won't have different skills if they are the same weapon type, i.e. all swords are the same to a mesmer. Environmental weapons such as those produced by conjure spells will have their own skills, but those don't really count as they are bundles i.e. they get used up and you can't carry them as you would with inventory.

Weapons can change function quite a bit across professions. Axes are melee for warriors, but ranged for rangers.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about