PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    <_< *closes window blinds* Stalker :| (Liverpool, btw :D )

---
    Mine is heeeeeere. Never been so happy to receive an (almost) empty DVD case before. Eeeee.

I do like that Zavvi seem to be pretty in the loop about this whole thing. Active customer support. A secondary presence on Twitter, and send you nice little emails on the status of your order and what to expect soon + later.
    haven't heard from them yet...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    <_< *closes window blinds* Stalker :| (Liverpool, btw :D )

---
    Mine is heeeeeere. Never been so happy to receive an (almost) empty DVD case before. Eeeee.

I do like that Zavvi seem to be pretty in the loop about this whole thing. Active customer support. A secondary presence on Twitter, and send you nice little emails on the status of your order and what to expect soon + later.
    Not at all! just being friendly!

I actually just visited Liverpool for the first time about 2 weeks ago, beautiful place!

And my friends code arrived today too after Yodel seemed to mess up over the weekend, so we're both sorted ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I was all giggly to get my hands on a thin empty plastic box with a card in it. I considered licking the card on my way home, but being in the bus I figured people might think I was weird. So I waited until I got home.
    Same reaction here, bar the licking the card part! xD

And i'm sure you could have got away with it, just say "It's GW2" and they all would have gone "Ahhh okay thats fair enough"

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    haven't heard from them yet...
    You ordered from Zavvi too? what's your order status at the moment? and when did you order it?

I mean they are still offering it for sale (Standard and CE) so if they ran out of stock they shouldnt be offering it still to be fair.

Have you tried emailing them about it? try and get a status update kinda thing?

- Tsukasa

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    I ordered from Zavvi last Friday, still on awaiting stock pick.
    Someone who also ordered that day contacted them and said they'd ship it today or tomorrow.
    Someone else who ordered 2 hours before bol screwed over everyone on Friday had his PP already sent.

We'll see if tomorrow bears fruit....

It better.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I was all giggly to get my hands on a thin empty plastic box with a card in it. I considered licking the card on my way home, but being in the bus I figured people might think I was weird. So I waited until I got home.
    I wouldn't think it was weird. If you kissed it, however...

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kamiya View Post

You ordered from Zavvi too? what's your order status at the moment? and when did you order it?

I mean they are still offering it for sale (Standard and CE) so if they ran out of stock they shouldnt be offering it still to be fair.

Have you tried emailing them about it? try and get a status update kinda thing?

- Tsukasa
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    I ordered from Zavvi last Friday, still on awaiting stock pick.
    Someone who also ordered that day contacted them and said they'd ship it today or tomorrow.
    Someone else who ordered 2 hours before bol screwed over everyone on Friday had his PP already sent.
    This. I've given up hope for the first beta. I think I'll work on my unlucky title instead...
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Yea I expected at least the figurine, but as soon as I was in my car (no bus!!!) I realized I just paid 150 euro's for a single slip of paper containing a code. On the other hand I will get a big box for free sometime. Must count for something.

As for licking it... I stayed at the smelling part. However I copied the cash receipt 10 times and hid it in several secure places in the EU. At least 3 countries can be nuked for me to still receive my CE box.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kamiya View Post
    And i'm sure you could have got away with it, just say "It's GW2" and they all would have gone "Ahhh okay thats fair enough"
    I bought a battery charger next door, cuz I friend mine in Europe (stupid weird plugs), and they guy working there noticed I bought GW2. He wasn't sure about it, said that he played a lot of WoW and not SWTOR. He even mentioned that SWTOR is all voice-acted. I told him to read up on GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    I realized I just paid 150 euro's for a single slip of paper containing a code.
    I explained that to my kid, she was laughing at me. Especially the part about there not being a game CD, and me not being able to play it for probably a month or more (aside for betas).

Ah the silliness we go through sometimes.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Got a reply from zavvi:
    Your order is expected to be sent to you within 2 working days.
    Once the item has been sent you will receive an e-mail letting you know it's on its way.
    Delivery to the Netherlands should not take more than 15 working days with Royal Mail.
    Apparently they got another 1070 CEs today (Pre-sear!)

..I'll now and go pick up my Edge of Destiny copy at the Bruna.
    I better see the prepurchase on dispatched today.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I gave up... If I don't get it from Zavvi, I'll never will.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Mine was in Manchester but moved to Wednesbury a few days ago. I may be wrong but I think that is further AWAY from my house than Manchester.