GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    A lady once asked me for directions, so I showed her Google maps on my phone and tried to direct her and she said "Oh, I can't read a map, can't you just tell me where it is?"
    That I can sort of understand, I tend to be much better at reading maps than everyone around me.

What bugged me in Prague is that they wouldn't even stop to point on the map where I was, which would have been plenty for me to figure the rest.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Oh we visited Tallinn, Estonia ( again ) and it was as lovely as always.

Brag? I travel 300 km every single Friday to see my girl, and then get up at 5:30 to travel 300 km in the opposite direction to work. Every weekend is a city trip to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    A lady once asked me for directions, so I showed her Google maps on my phone and tried to direct her and she said "Oh, I can't read a map, can't you just tell me where it is?"
    It's so easy to have other people do the work for you, even if it'd been faster to do it yourself.

- Help my computer hangs!!!
    *error message with only an "OK" button and a generic failure warning*
    - what would you think I'd recommend, with only 1 button on the screen and why would you call me for that?
    - don't be so rude
    - don't be so lazy

Last time my father asked me to help with such pointless questions. I do want to help him with serious stuff, but he's the one who learned me to at least try before asking...

Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    It's so easy to have other people do the work for you, even if it'd been faster to do it yourself.

- Help my computer hangs!!!
    *error message with only an "OK" button and a generic failure warning*
    - what would you think I'd recommend, with only 1 button on the screen and why would you call me for that?
    - don't be so rude
    - don't be so lazy

Last time my father asked me to help with such pointless questions. I do want to help him with serious stuff, but he's the one who learned me to at least try before asking...
    No matter what you post, you come off as a complete *******. I have much to learn from you.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    No matter what you post, you come off as a complete *******. I have much to learn from you.
    When you're broke in GW2 I will not give you gold, but I will give you tips on earning it. Is that rude or is that normal? The same applies to this situation yet you seem to believe I'm a string of asterisks because of it. I do not know whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult, because being honest without compromise nor sugarcoating is a very good thing in real life, when working with people who can take honest criticism.

People who can't take honest criticism have no place in my life, since they're a burden. This leaves me with a handful of friends that really respect me, and are equally rude/honest to me when I got something to learn. I prefer that to hundreds of shallow friends who'll drop me when I really need them. So yea... my honest style scares away the people I don't want in my life and attract people I respect. That's a good thing imho.

As for my father, nowadays he tries before asking my help, which leaves both of us better of. While the story may sound rude, it's actually a tale of learning, honesty, respect.

Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    I do not know whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult
    I just say what I mean. It's up to you how to receive it.