PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I drove to Halifax this weekend and played Diablo 3.

I need a life. *sigh*
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Didn't you stay with a friend? It sounds like you have a life. Anyway, I find when my social life is really active, I kind of can't wait for it to die back down. I definitely need a balance of having a life and being a total loser.

I uh... I'm going to Brooklyn this weekend (that's like three subway stops lol).

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Yes, multiple friends, but it sounds more pathetic if I say it the way I did.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    I'll have to be contented with living through everyone's travels.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    This is where we usually spend vacations lately, mainly because we bought an apartment there: http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=...7-778b8e15f08b

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beren Iluthiel View Post
    For my honeymoon:
    First New York (or better, just Manhattan), I still don't know if I liked it, maybe not, I'm not really in the american life style. We move to Toronto for visiting the Niagara falls. Awesome. The falls, not Toronto. Sorry, but I didn't like it even a little bit, maybe because I wasn't feeling secure walking in the late afternoon around.
    Then a long trip in Canada by car (or maybe a french like place they call Quebec) from Gaspè to Quebec city, lot of trees, animals and whales.
    Nice country, great people, if only there weren't so many
    "sorry, i don't speak english, only french"!
    Anyway, Canadian people are strange, but nice.
    Almost my exact experience, except I rather did like Toronto, for as much as I like cities (as I usually ignore them...) I didn't have too much trouble with those silly Canadians who don't even speak the language of the majority of the country, as I was mostly staying in Halifax, Nova Scotia...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Seeing Beren lives in Tuscany makes me remember one of my most interesting holidays... actually 20 years ago. Tuscany was great, a good mix of culture (e.g. seeing Michaelangelo's "David" in Florence) excitement (being in Siena during the Palio) fun (Ferragosto in Viareggio) and relaxing with a glass of wine in warm summer nights .... *sigh*
    You know, Italy and Portugal are about the only non-Former-Eastern-Europe countries I've not really visited... I don't count that little trip from last summer when we went to the very north part of Italy, as they speak German there and call their part of the country "South Tirol". I encountered more Italian in the south part of Switzerland...

Oh, Alaris, how did you like Lucerne? That's the only city I've visited multiple times and really like...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

The Order of Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    You know, Italy and Portugal are about the only non-Former-Eastern-Europe countries I've not really visited... I don't count that little trip from last summer when we went to the very north part of Italy, as they speak German there and call their part of the country "South Tirol". I encountered more Italian in the south part of Switzerland...
    *mad eyes on*
    Tirol is not Italy!!!! They simply take a lot of money from italian taxes as they are "special" region, but believe me if I say they are italian like I'm sweden.
    I really, really, really want you all to visit Tuscany. There are so many little jewels here and there, away from crowded and expensive cities you can visit.
    Example? Volterra, San Gimignano, Castagneto Carducci only to name a few. Imagine this: late august or better september, warm nights cooled by a gentle breeze, a glass of good wine and the sight of the sweet hills of the Tuscany country.
    If you want, I can help you in organizing your alternative routes, Tuscany is not Florence only.
    Do you like sea? No problem, come to my house and you'll be in water swimming like a dolphin in less than 5 minutes.
    Good things are meant to be shared. Come! Come now!! -I don't work for any turists organization-

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    *mad eyes on*
    Tirol is not Italy!!!! They simply take a lot of money from italian taxes as they are "special" region, but believe me if I say they are italian like I'm sweden.
    Hey, that's why I said I didn't count that trip as a trip to Italy

I really, really, really want you all to visit Tuscany. There are so many little jewels here and there, away from crowded and expensive cities you can visit.
    Example? Volterra, San Gimignano, Castagneto Carducci only to name a few. Imagine this: late august or better september, warm nights cooled by a gentle breeze, a glass of good wine and the sight of the sweet hills of the Tuscany country.
    If you want, I can help you in organizing your alternative routes, Tuscany is not Florence only.
    Do you like sea? No problem, come to my house and you'll be in water swimming like a dolphin in less than 5 minutes.
    Good things are meant to be shared. Come! Come now!! -I don't work for any turists organization-
    The problem with Italy, I don't speak Italian, and those Italians I did encounter (not the one in South Tirol) didn't speak English nor German. And I tend not to go to countries where I can't make myself clear... So, no France for me either (though, we went there a lot when I was younger) and Spain I only visited because my in-laws live there (the same with Hungary).

And you can keep the wine, as neither of us drinks

But we were planning on a trip to Spain this year, but postponed it till next year. Simply a camping trip where the drive itself is more important than the destination, if you know what I mean. That's what we did last year as well and we loved it. Let me see if I can get my route in google...

Edit:

ok, google can't handle the amount of points (we had our GPS tracking device on the entire 4000km...)

But this is the Alps part...

Alps.jpg

You can see we hugged the Austrian border there

Edit 2:

Ok, the entire trip:

Trip.jpg

And a detail view of the Stelvio Pass: (we did about 12 passes that trip, if I remember correctly)

Stelvio.jpg
    Last edited by Lady Rhonwyn; 18-04-2012 at 11:18.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    On language: I think people can really go a long way communicating using sign language and maps and stuff. As long as people are helpful, then I am willing to go to countries where I don't speak the language. It's actually fun trying to communicate with people without using a common language.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    A lady once asked me for directions, so I showed her Google maps on my phone and tried to direct her and she said "Oh, I can't read a map, can't you just tell me where it is?"