PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I don't think the game overall was gimmicky. I think I just got to a point in the campaign (and I was playing on Normal, not Hardcore), where I felt like the difficulty was plateauing. I don't think it would have lasted if I pushed through it and I can't even remember where I stopped. But, as an example:
    Map 1 has an ogre and two rifts
    Map 2 has an ogre and three rifts
    Map 3 has three ogres and three rifts

Etc. It was a period where the new traps weren't really that helpful and I was getting stuff like the wind gloves, so I got a little frustrated.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Well, I was getting stuck in some places, and often I found that using traps that I didn't use before helped. My favs are ballista and archers, but in some maps other combos work a lot better like the barricade and grinder for example which became a favorite of mine after I got stuck in some places and looked for some help on the internet. Barricades are really good unless there are mobs that can blow them up.

Also, upgrading traps with skulls and weavers makes a nice difference. I used skulls on my fav traps. Weavers I tend to favor the one that gives more money for trap kills (so I can get more traps) but it really depends on your playstyle. Sometimes I pick the one for casting spells and go all magical.

Wind gloves are really good to push foes in pits, or to force them to go through traps again.

The last few maps are about defending multiple paths, so if that's not your cup of tea, then meh.

-----

My main complaint is that if you have a good trap setup, levels can become too easy after the first half.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It'd be hard to play a dungeon crawler without weapon swapping. Even OMD1 has good weapon swaps, allowing you to change your functionality from ranged to melee to caster. Seems that Diablo and Torchlight classes are generally more built as either melee or ranged or caster. Or maybe I need to look into it more.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Went back in and played this today, after this thread. Turns out I got past the parts I was thinking about and then just stopped playing. The map I was one (The Bridge) was absolutely brutal, but I had never played it before tonight.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Kobold Sappers are pretty dumb in that level afaik, you can barricade one side and put all your traps on the other side. The flying stuff is still hard to take care of, but having only one side to defend makes it easier.

Also, if you stand by the rift, you regen health and mana. You can stand there fighting flying stuff, they won't go past you if they can shoot you instead.
    == Alaris & clone ==