PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Still no word from support. I found the address by simply guessing at it; because I was worried about it accepting my username and not my email for registration, and then that address sorta affirmed that something was wrong when it tried to send the verification to my username. My accounts show up as undefined there as well.

Anyway, it's been six days and no word from support on this matter; quite frankly, I'm very disappointed at this time. I worry that this will affect me getting an email about the first beta weekend and download resources and such. I did find another player's email that he got back from support related to this matter and the GM said that they know there's a problem and they may fix it at a later time; not will, may. I for one am not very happy with the word may, considering I just gave them $80.
    Last edited by Selonius; 17-04-2012 at 20:11.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I guess you have to ask yourself what is more likely... that (1) you lose your account password, or that (2) you change provider because another one is cheaper or because you move or for whatever other reason.

So far, (2) has happened a lot to me, mostly due to moving because of work or life, and (1) never happened, or it did, but then I searched my memory or my place and eventually found it. So I'll go with (1) as being the safer choice for me at least.
    when you change provider you have more control over what happens, so you can change email before the switch.
    when (1) happens a provider email still has a leg up, you can ask the details from them a whole lot easier then an online one.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    @Selonius: I doubt ANet would provide support for a feature that is under work!! If you got the original email, then I think it's safe for you to assume that the same email will be used to send you the link etc for beta. And if not, then give ANet support a call. You can still download the beta while you wait for official reply! The download link worked for me before I entered any of the login data.

@sorudo: still, I have yet to have any problem with online email providers, whereas I had several problems with those I actually paid or got via my work.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    @Selonius: I doubt ANet would provide support for a feature that is under work!! If you got the original email, then I think it's safe for you to assume that the same email will be used to send you the link etc for beta. And if not, then give ANet support a call. You can still download the beta while you wait for official reply! The download link worked for me before I entered any of the login data.
    You mean in past betas, or the upcoming one? Because I see no download link anywhere for the upcoming one.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    The only time I had a problem with an online email service was Looksmart (They shut down their email provision), I learned fast from that lesson that I'd need a few separate emails for varying reasons - I knew not to even sign up for one with my ISP - they could send me a physical letter is they wanted to talk with me. That expense alone made sure they never did.

I've seen plenty of people though (And I mean plenty) who have had lots of work to do to regain their bank accounts/flight details/game logins atc. All because they forgot about them when they changed provider.

And mass emailing...forget about it - most of your clients will return mailer daemons be it for a newsletter or a Christmas greeting. Lots of companies spend the first week of the New Year on the phone sorting our their contact lists.

But if it works for you sorudo - stick with it!

-Art

EDIT: Selonius. Alaris is right - you'll get an email to the same address your receipt email went to. And you'll here a whole lot more on these, and other, boards. Chill until after we've all heard about the download link.
    Last edited by Art; 17-04-2012 at 20:50.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I meant in the GW2 press beta I participated in. I assume the same will be true of upcoming betas.

The email did say they would send the link at a later date, soooooo... hopefully enough in advance.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Comment on the email address used for GW1 login...
    I moved several years ago and the email I used for GW1 is no longer valid. At the time I contacted both Arenanet and NCSoft and updated the information tied to my account. Both were updated to a valid email address. That DID NOT change the email used to login into the game. It changed the information tied to the account. I asked about it at the time and what I remember about the explanation is that the email tied to the game login is a separate thing to the email for the account. The email for the game login is more like a username. It does not have to match the email for verification and account purposes. The login email/username information couldn't be changed at that time, for some reason (I don't remember the reason) once it was set, it stays the same. That may have changed by now, but when I changed my email info it didn't affect the Guild Wars Login info.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Thanks for the clarification, AI. I knew I updated my info! That's probably exactly what happened with me.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I View Post
    The login email/username information couldn't be changed at that time, for some reason (I don't remember the reason) once it was set, it stays the same. That may have changed by now, but when I changed my email info it didn't affect the Guild Wars Login info.
    It is still the same; I asked about having mine changed four days ago, and got the same type of response--once it is set, its set.

Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    It is still the same; I asked about having mine changed four days ago, and got the same type of response--once it is set, its set.
    Interesting....I wonder if it had anything to do with the tie in to the NCSoft system. I remember a lot of complaining about stuff being broken when the Arenanet account info was merged with the NCSoft account info.