PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Beyond?

More Beyond?

I don't know if it will happen (probaly not) but I would like to see a GW:Beyond mission involving the Foefire. How about a mission where you play a Charr and have to try to stop Adelbern unleashing it (impossible offcourse), together with some nice cutscene which would bring players back to the cutscene when leaving Ascalon the first time.

What would you like to see for GW:Beyond?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Qanar View Post
    I don't know if it will happen (probaly not) but I would like to see a GW:Beyond mission involving the Foefire. How about a mission where you play a Charr and have to try to stop Adelbern unleashing it (impossible offcourse), together with some nice cutscene which would bring players back to the cutscene when leaving Ascalon the first time.

What would you like to see for GW:Beyond?
    The Foefire is 10 years after WoC, so that's still possible (considering the age of the players and NPC's) story-wise.

What I would love to see too is the Elonian story. But that is set so far in the future (54 years after WoC), that I won't see my main character participating in it She'll be 96 by then!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

These event's shouldn't feature your character perse. I was thinking of stuff similar to the BMP.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Qanar View Post
    These event's shouldn't feature your character perse. I was thinking of stuff similar to the BMP.
    Hmm, in that case, several BMP's should be made!

1. the conquering of Elona by Palawa

This one to finish the story of Nightfall (as WiK finishes the story of Prophecies and WoC the story of Factions)

And, to make to move to GW2:

1: the taking of Ascalon by the Charr and the Foefire
    2: the awakening of Jormag, which will lead to the Norn moving south
    3: the awaking of Zhaitan, which will lead to the destruction of Lion's Arch
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    If we're talking BMP, all those are viable ideas, but I don't think we're going to get any of them. My guess is one more at most, to finish the story of Elona, similar to WoC and WiK. Even that seems a stretch. The community as a whole seemed way less into WoC than WiK and, with GW 2 around the corner, interest would probably slip even more.

Sadly there doesn't seem to be anymore Beyond content coming until after GW2 is released as pretty much hinted by John Stumme.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?502608-Beyond-the-Beyond-The-live-team-GW2-and-the-7th-Anniversary

Unless of cource we get a HOTN style short chapter for the 7th anniversary next week.

However it has been said in an interview GWOnline themselves did and the wiki that an Elonian Beyond chapter has actually been written, but the live team have no resources atm to work on it, most likely because of them now helping out with GW2 as it reaches it's final stages of production.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/...inds-of-change

GWOnline.net: Are you planning to move Guild Wars Beyond to Elona, or will the Live Team shift to “regular maintenance” for Guild Wars with bug fixes and small expansions to the known events?

John Stumme: Currently, we’re not scheduled to be working on content for Elona – as this would require more time and resources than we’ve got on our hands. However the entire story for the possible content has been written, in case we decide to pursue it. Even if we don’t, I’d love to clean up the story and get it out to fans in some way, shape, or form – it’s been a project that Mike Zadorojny has been heavily invested in (when not doing exciting Guild Wars 2 things!).
    According to the timeline in the GW2 novels, 1080AE (1590CC) is when Adelburn recalls the vanguard to establish Ebonhawke, and as of Winds Of Change part 3, we are now in the year 1080AE.

http://www.guildwars.com/windsofchange/

Since Evenia also dissapeared in Ascalon, then more than likely the next Beyond chapter will involve us going back to Gwen and Keiran and traveling to Ascalon with them after they are recalled from EOTN, then following whatever the story is there until it ends with Ebonhawke being founded and a new outpost being available (Wishfull thinking but would be cool none the less).

Once that's finished then i would imagine the Elona chapter would be next, focusing on Palawa Joko.

Then whatever else they feel needs to be told, personally i would like Elona to be the final chapter of our GW1 characters lives, and beyond stuff after that being BMP style like you suggested.

They could cover events like the foefire and the rise of Zhaitan, especially since John Stumme said a while back that he would love to do "The Battle of Ascalon" but needs to find a way to do it so that your characters could survive it without doing a "This magic relic you happened to find / be given / be standing next to saves you from the magic of the foefire!" kinda plot line, BMP style mission would solve that since the chara we were playing as during the mission can die and it not effect us.

The only other things of note i'd like to see is who hired Zinn to create those Golems and attack Salma, The Jade brotherhood and Bokka, cannot think of anything off the top of my head that i would like to see beyond Ebonhawke, Evenia, Elona and the guy behind Zinn's assassination Golems.

- Tsukasa

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    With GW2 so close to release, I doubt we'll see more content for GW1. Ever.

Still, those BMP's sound really cool.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    when the second lineage was released the first was still played like mad, it also has plenty of expansions after lineage 2 was released.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, I'd like to understand how Lineage 1 & 2 coexisted. That is pretty interesting.

I can see people playing GW1 for long times to come, but I don't think ANet will release expansions though. But if they do, I will buy them too. Lack of new content (and new profession) is why I left GW1 after playing it over and over. I would certainly return for new content (and I have for all the Beyond stuff, I even finished the Titan Quests).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    EQ 1 and 2 are the same, but EQ 2 had a pretty bad launch...

I think those kind of games are different from GW 1, though. GW 1 would need full expansions / chapters to maintain the playerbase. If ANet kept making full chapters or even expansions, I would absolutely jump back into GW 1 to play them. But since the story is basically over, there's not a lot they can do. I wouldn't purchase any more BMPs or participate in anything that doesn't really further my characters or their stories. If it's just pushing the story of Tyria forward, I'll read about it because I'm not invested in it. That's how it differs from an MMO, where you get the next expansion so your character can get the newest gear, get new powers, etc.