PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I have a big itch to play some MMO, but there's literally no interest in playing the broken ones. I'll have to wait for GW2.
    If you get the same thing out of GW1 I got, you might like Kingdom Rush for like a week or two. I'm not pimping the game or anything, but it's a cute little free RPGish tower-defense strategy game. It's really well balanced and intelligently made and reminded me of GW in many ways.

It helped with my GW2 craving for a little while. You know what they say, one day at a time.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Pfft, you just had to level up a bit more and try again. That's a big reason why I hate those levelling games... the challenge is too often statistical.
    While true in a lot of zones, that wasn't the issue with that expansion. It was high-end content.

I get an MMO itch, too. I'm reinstalling EQ 1 right now hehe Anyway, I think you'd be wise to just wait for GW 2. It doesn't seem like there is anything on the market you would even remotely enjoy.

the possibility of getting elona beyond parts is there, and since Anet didnt abandon GW, but just froze the updates on GW, people overreact
    i wish Anet would say something about this now, weird that many people who have/had faith in Anet, talk like they now kill the game

i prolly have enough faith to think they wont, and will keep going on with smaller bits than for example eotn expansions, like beyond content, skill updates, ingame store additions and smaller changes

dont give up yet, unless you wont play GW after GW2 is here anymore, then you better abandon GW yourself, just to save yourself from depressions (that english? :O ) or anything

i said before that i keep playing GW, and wont buy GW2 for my own reasons
    but its weird that even now i see people: "nope, GW will die, just give up" AND at the same time "noooooo, dont buff stuff and add nice stuff to GW"
    i mean, for everyone who will barely even play GW once they play GW2 (happens to almost everyone, as GW2 will be new, and new games have to be played), still care about balances and the time Anet's GW team uses

anyway, i wont give up hope, yet wont believe that stuff i'd like to see will come, i just know there's a possibility they will do so (look at 7 hero teams, which had many "noooo, that will break the game apart!!" yet they did it :D )

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I see a lot of recent updates being done so that GW requires less effort to stay live and for people to enjoy it. Mercenaries, automated events, stuff like that. I'm sure ANet will keep it alive as long as enough people play it.

I'd play both games in parallel if they released content for both. I'd buy full GW1 expansions as well. But I don't expect that to happen. And this is not saying anything good or bad about ANet, they could grow in size enough to be able to release content for both games... more profit, right? There are different enough games that I see people playing either or both.

Maybe they'll make mini expansions released online, like new professions or packs with a few missions. I'd pay for those. But even if they don't, I'll be more than happy to play GW2.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayuhmii Shanbwa View Post
    the possibility of getting elona beyond parts is there, and since Anet didnt abandon GW, but just froze the updates on GW, people overreact
    Yes, that's how I read it as well. Due to the pressure of a new release, all resources will be working on that new release. It happens in most software companies. Once the release is over, people will continue with their own projects. We'll see small updates in GW1 again then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuhmii Shanbwa View Post
    i wish Anet would say something about this now, weird that many people who have/had faith in Anet, talk like they now kill the game

i prolly have enough faith to think they wont, and will keep going on with smaller bits than for example eotn expansions, like beyond content, skill updates, ingame store additions and smaller changes

dont give up yet, unless you wont play GW after GW2 is here anymore, then you better abandon GW yourself, just to save yourself from depressions (that english? :O ) or anything

i said before that i keep playing GW, and wont buy GW2 for my own reasons
    but its weird that even now i see people: "nope, GW will die, just give up" AND at the same time "noooooo, dont buff stuff and add nice stuff to GW"
    i mean, for everyone who will barely even play GW once they play GW2 (happens to almost everyone, as GW2 will be new, and new games have to be played), still care about balances and the time Anet's GW team uses

anyway, i wont give up hope, yet wont believe that stuff i'd like to see will come, i just know there's a possibility they will do so (look at 7 hero teams, which had many "noooo, that will break the game apart!!" yet they did it :D )
    I think GW1 will be alive for a long time to come. People will return back to GW1 if they don't have that 50/50 HoM and see something that can only be gotten by the HoM connection and is beyond their current reach. Or simply because they're in a nostalgic mood

And then there are those like you, that won't (initially) move to GW2.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I would buy full expansions, but I wouldn't get any more BMPs or play any stuff like WiK. I didn't even do WoC.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    just for fun: what if the do make GW utopia and the chronomancher can be played
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I'd buy it and play it.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    just for fun: what if the do make GW utopia and the chronomancher can be played
    I totally love the armour art of chronomancer and I hope we can get that in GW2. Not sure about the profession, but I'd probably play it regardless cuz I'm such an alt-a-holic.

A new campaign, I'd totally buy it and play it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I would buy another expansion or chapter for gw1 ....yep, not a problem with doing that.