PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Everything from the beta weekend (April 2012 BWE + May stress test)

This is the dedicated thread to all the news that will be out there concerning the first public beta weekend for Guild Wars 2 from the 27th to the 29th, 2012.

Please post all stuff you want to comment, contribute or things you have noticed chnaging from last beta and the [Basics] threads here.

You can also post suggestions for play testing here, as I will again roll an Elementalist, probably going into some WvW action, too.

If you have wishes for video documentation, post them here, but keep in mind, that due to a pretty bad DSL line I have, I won't be able to record long features.

Gorani

Plans for covering (videos/screen shot/s blog post?) so far with the Elementalist profession:
    • WvW action, from a mostly PvE background player (me, don't expect veteran PvP game play)
    • Demonstration video about defeating the same foe with one elemental line & multiple attunement swaps (if I do not have to unlock so many skills again)
    Last edited by Gorani; 26-04-2012 at 19:53.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I made a short blog post on the front page about my WvWvW experience with a Level 1 Elementalist.
    I did not record any video, as everything was laggy as hell anyway.

I will take her to a safe PvE spot and unlock some skills to show you some swapping, hopefully tomorrow.

PS: I worked on my "GWO project" with my beta Guardian, so the Ele has very few unlocks (WvWvW did not gain me a lot of kills, so unlocking was quite difficult there)
    Last edited by Gorani; 28-04-2012 at 18:02.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Looks I can't do the attunement swapping video your guys, but I've compared the skills in this beta with the ones from March.

Quite a lot of skills got their durations reduced and recharges increased (mostly Earth & Air Staff skills). Arcane skills got better, both from their recharges and their combo potential.

There has been a rename again: Flame Touch is Flame Grab again

Oh and finally: The awesomeness of Signet of Water removing a condition every 3 seconds got increased to 10.

PS: I won't have time for the swapping video this evening, I am sorry. If you happen to see something like that, please put it up on GWOnline.TV or send me a link via PM, so I can share it with you.
    Last edited by Gorani; 29-04-2012 at 18:28.

GWOnline.Net Member

[Video] Elementalist Spells - Staff

I've uploaded a video with all the different spells that you will acquire when using the 2 handed staff on the Elementalist.

This includes all the different elemental attunements:

Guild Wars 2: Elementalist Spells - Staff

PS Gorani: Video added to GWOnline.TV
    Last edited by Gorani; 30-04-2012 at 15:06.

GWOnline.Net Member

[Video] Elementalist - Lesser Summoning

You can unlock Lesser Summoning with 3 skill points.

This includes all the different elemental attunements:

Guild Wars 2: Elementalist Lesser Summoning

PS Gorani: Video added to GWOnline.TV
    Last edited by Gorani; 30-04-2012 at 15:18.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    A little note on starting out as a Lvl 1 Elementalist in WvWvW

• Unlocking takes even longer than in PvE, due to the low kill count you can achieve
    • The ability to react to different situations is severely reduced, because you lack not only weapon, but additional slot skills
    • Range does matter. Don't even think to use a Dagger as a main hand weapon. I tried the Scepter (as the goal was to check, if you are able to do advancing in WvWvW only), but Staff would have been best.
    • In the end I spend a lot of time repairing gates and manning stationary weapons
    • I did not like the Zerg-Rush effects (general problem, not Ele specific)

Verdict: Playing WvWvW with the Elementalist will be a lot of fun, if you enjoyed the wild chaos of GW1 Alliance Battles. I advise you not to start in WvWvW, but to wait until you have some skills unlocked and a few trait points available (perhaps Lvl 15 as a minimum?). Bring lots of coin, because you will spend a lot of them on armor repairs (as you can hardly rally due to the ability to execute a coup de grace in WvWvW on a downed foe)

Changes to the weapon skills in this beta (damage numbers could not be checked!):

Trident - No changes
    Main Hand Dagger

• Shocking Aura (Duration reduced to 5 sec)

Off Hand Dagger
    • Flame Touch renamed to Flame Grab (Recharge increased to 45 sec)

Focus
    • Flame Wall (Duration reduced to 8 seconds)

Staff
    • Frozen Ground (Recharge increased to 40 sec)
    • Gust (Recharge increased to 30 sec)
    • Windborne Speed (Recharge increased to 30 sec)
    • Unsteady Ground (Recharge increased to 30 sec)
    • Shockwave (Recharge increased to 30 sec)

Utility
    • Arcane Blast (Recharge decreased to 15 sec; Combo Finisher: Physical; Range 1.500)
    • Arcane Wave (Recharge decreased to 20 sec; Combo Finisher: Blast)
    • Cleansing Fire (Removes just 3 conditions now)
    • Lightning Flash (gained "Breaks Stun")
    • Mist Form (gained "Breaks Stun")
    • Signet of Water (Passive effect removes a condition every 10 seconds now)
    Last edited by Gorani; 05-05-2012 at 21:09.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    There are lots of New videos out there on Youtube (just search for "Guild Wars 2 Elementalist" and narrow it down to videos uploaded "last week"), which I can't watch all or add to the [Media] thread & GWOnline.TV.

If you happen to stumble upon a very nice video, add it to the [Media] thread yourself please and perhaps send me a PM.

BTW, I have not checked changes to traits (& YT only has an Italian video that is new). If you can point to changes to traits, it would be great to call them out for me.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Official Guild Wars 2 Forums - Posting trends:

• Staff Elementalists dominate the "weapons used statistic"
    • Elementalists should have a second weapon set to swap
    • Weapon skill unlocks are slow
    • PvE version of Rock Barrier/Hurl was bugged (Jon Peters)

BTW, there are 6 pages of threads, which could easily be compressed to one or two if people would not post for the same topic over and over again. Another good reason not to fall in love with the official forum and stay here.

Jon Peters said:

Right now Elementalist is the most diverse profession. Because of this we already struggle keeping him in line with the other professions from a power balance standpoint. A second weapon set would exacerbate this problem as well as making him a profession which has a matrix of stances to go between, which I believe is too complicated for casual players. Are these things you would like to do on a certain weapon that you feel are lacking. I think addressing it that way is the best solution for the Ele.

PS: This thread "Elementalists! How do you feel? (Feed Back)" seems to be a bigger feed back thread if you want to check out just one of the many.
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-05-2012 at 15:03.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Fantastic Fansite Friend Redean over at www.elementalattunement.com has a screen shot gallery of him playing with an Ele on the BWE.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Updated the range graphic in the [Basics] Movement thread to include the new radius sizes and the extreme range of Arcane Blast