PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringsgold View Post
    I'm not talking about eating them uncooked :/ I just mean that seeing or touching uncooked meat doesn't disgust me. Ofcourse you have to be careful, especially with chicken, I always wash my hands before preparing meat, and after (before I touch anything else).
    Gravel or paint doesn't disgust you either until you try to eat it.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Oh man, my wife makes the super best french fries...now what?
    mv

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

We've been eating fried foods for quite a long time now. Given how widespread the eating of such foods are, I would think that if there were any significant risk from acrylamide we would have already seen an unexplained rise in a particular kind of cancer in the last 60 years since McDonald's really started taking off and inspiring similar fast food chains along with the increasing diet of fast foods in the US and later the rest of the world.

But the increase in cancer is largely tied to age and/or the more commonly known carcinogens and bad health habits.

Quite honestly, if you really care about your health you probably don't eat french fries and potato chips on any kind of significantly regular basis so you probably have nothing to worry about even if it is shown to increase your chance to get certain types of cancer. If you do eat fries and chips (crisps for you UK and Euro folks ;-)) too much, you have much more important things to worry about than the possible added cancer risk from acrylamide should it be found to exist.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    the US has hormones in meat, something that is not allowed in the EU.
    so if you see a fat guy walking around in the US, partly blame the meat production before blaming it to the person.
    plastic is harmful but only in great amount, the hormones makes you fat and causes a ton of health problems dual overweight.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Speaking of meat, recently there has been a public scare where I live on "pink-slime" and "meat-glue". Pink slime being "lean finely textured beef" or "boneless lean beef trimmings" which is used as a filler especially in certain ground meats--more so fast food. The problem with this stuff is that it is treated with ammonia gas. I think back in the 70's around this stuff use to be scraped from the bones, but since getting the nervous system mixed in isn't really the best thing, I don't think they really do that anymore? In any-case I think its nasty, and don't really eat processed meats. Always ready to carve up a fresh cut and plunge it into borsch. Meat-glue uses transglutaminases from blood which acts as a strong bonding agent; got a piece of meat too small? glue it to another small piece to reduce shop wastes.

While these practices are deemed alright safe by the FDAA, they are not the most customer appeasing.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think I posted a video pro-slime in this thread, you should watch it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Thanks, that was insightful--changed my mind some on the subject. Found this too, which is cool: http://beefisbeef.com/2012/03/15/top...of-pink-slime/

As long as they are adding the correct meat to the correct label (i.e., processed chuck meat/fat going into ground chuck, sirloin to sirloin, etc.) which is the industry norm anyway, its looking better to me.

This actually gets me thinking how safe organic meats are in respects.

This is a photo of the "pink slim" btw:
    Last edited by Смерть; 11-05-2012 at 19:48.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    looks like sugar cream......
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    looks like sugar cream......
    Chicken nuggets, if memory serves.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!