Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE

Introducing: Google Drive

Google Drive is an online storage system which has all kinds of benefits attached to it.

If you've ever used DropBox you'll know how handy it is syncing your information across the cloud. Google Drive is similar in that respect but also integrates with docs, mail, maps and tons of other stuff. It's 5Gb free as standard and has very decent rates if you wish to pay for extra space.

Here's a quick promo video about it:

You can read about this new product at the Google blog or simply sign up to get yours.

If you haven't used Cloud based stuff before (You chances are you will have even if you don't know it) this is definitely worth a bash.

Usual Google owns your soul and sells it to the devil terms and conditions apply!

-Art

Not ready yet, apparently. Google says it'll tell me when it is.

Not sure if I'll stop using dropbox, I like the name better, don't think the service is any different xD (and I'm never gonna need the 3GB extra)

Quote Originally Posted by Google blog
    Just like the Loch Ness Monster, you may have heard the rumors about Google Drive. It turns out, one of the two actually does exist.
    What? the Loch Ness monster is real?!
    Last edited by Ringsgold; 24-04-2012 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringsgold View Post
    Not sure if I'll stop using dropbox, I like the name better, don't think the service is any different xD (and I'm never gonna need the 3GB extra)

What? the Loch Ness monster is real?!
    Well obviously...! I mean heck... one time I saw him... and he asked for tree fiddy!

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Tree fiddy??

Yeah, I'm not switching from Dropbox. For one, I don't like the idea of Google have EVEN MORE of my stuff. Secondly, Dropbox has been around a long time and works great. I don't see any reason to jump ship from a company that has treated me very well just because Google is offering a few more GB.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I don't see the point of any of these services.

But that could be because my internet is atrocious.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Ah, this explains why Skydrive gave me a free upgrade from 7GB to 25GB yesterday. Google Drive still says 'not ready' here, but I'll take a look when it's up and running.

I doubt either of these will lure me away from SpiderOak and Wuala, both superior when it comes to security. Let's hope Google and MS will force other file-storing services to increase their free space.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post

Working in a project group, shared folders are awesome, just put any documents for the project in a shared folder (from text documents to source code and libraries). And personally, I save any files I want to have available on other devices in a private dropbox folder, for example the default working dir for most programs I work with is shared so I can open them on any pc.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Tree fiddy??

Yeah, I'm not switching from Dropbox. For one, I don't like the idea of Google have EVEN MORE of my stuff. Secondly, Dropbox has been around a long time and works great. I don't see any reason to jump ship from a company that has treated me very well just because Google is offering a few more GB.
    I'll keep my dropbox and will probably use that google drive as well. I should look into that skydrive too...

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post

Very handy if you want to share something with somebody who lives all across the continent from you. Or you want to share documents between your home PC, work laptop and tablet.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Hm, that's true. I guess I wouldn't have to email myself .apk files all the time so I can install them on my phone.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]